Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Oriental Oink and Quack

Options
Went to Orlando yesterday and checked out my favorite Oriental grocery store, West 50 for the natives, a converted large Walmart:

Needed couple of roast duck:

A few pounds of roasted pork:

On to the fish monger:

They had some fresh whelk and clams, sometimes there are live eel:

And if you want some Dungeness Crabs they are live:

I see a wokking weekend in my future, now where is my wok??

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    So Richard did you buy a piggy?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Man I wish we had one of those. VI lives close to one in Houston but we haven't gotten one yet. I bet their pork bellies aren't $5 per lb like I pay at my boutique shops around here.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options

Man I wish we had one of those. VI lives close to one in Houston but we haven't gotten one yet. I bet their pork bellies aren't $5 per lb like I pay at my boutique shops around here.

The bellies are $2.49/lb.
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Mickey said:
    So Richard did you buy a piggy?
    I usually get a pound or 2 of the roasted pork.  Great in pork fried rice.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

The bellies are $2.49/lb.
    I knew it. Dangit, I've got find a better place
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    C-T,

I haven't seen whole piggies at Ranch 99, but I think they have duck, and I know they've got beef, pork, chicken, fish, live shellfish, and some weird stuff like cuttlefish and others that I've never heard of.

By the way, if you get up to Dallas often, there's one in Plano, I think.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• bboulier
    bboulier Posts: 558
    Options
    We make a run to a Fairfax, VA  Super H nearly every weekend.  Excellent (and cheap) produce, good fish, and good beef and pork, including some items not available at the local Giants (e.g., bull pizzle).  The pork belly is very good and recommend it for making bacon.
    Weber Kettle, Weber Genesis Silver B, Medium Egg, KJ Classic (Black)
  • Bham_egger
    Options
    My goodness! Wish we had some of the in Birmingham!