Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New guy intro

Options
Cuda1965
Cuda1965 Posts: 71
edited January 2013 in EggHead Forum
For Christmas my wife got me a large BGE. For the last couple of years I have been using an electric smoker and gas (infrared) grill to do a lot of cooking. I had been looking at getting a charcoal smoker & grill, and she surprised me with this.  She gave it to me the night before we were leaving town to visit family. I didn't get to use it right away, but luckily I got to spend some time reading through this forum to get a better understanding of how to use my new toy and get ideas.

Once we got back home I jumped right in with using my egg. In the first few days I did a test run with chicken, tried my hand at pizza, grilled some awesome rib eyes, and did an overnight low & slow smoke of a pork shoulder along with baking rolls and a peach cobbler for dessert. 

I am amazed at what I can do with my egg. 

Comments