Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Merry Christmas to all what are you cooking?

Options
Austin  Egghead
Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
edited December 2012 in EggHead Forum
Merry Christmas to everyone
#1 son ushered at the 1pm service yesterday and after that we had a traditional south Texas meal of tamales, beans and rice and a rum cake for desert. Today menus is Burgundy mushroom, DIL's yummy made all from scratch green bean casserole, taters and the Beef Wellington is the star.
Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx

Comments

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    Merry Christmas Joan.  We had one Christmas in Tallahassee with grand 1 and 3.  Number one grand's birthday was the 23rd.  He narrated the Christmas play at Church followed by a pizza party and for dinner was the Japanese Steak House.  All bases were covered.  Now we are going to have Christmas with number 2 and 4 grand.  We are going to the daughter who is having turkey and ham also.  Carnivores will be very happy. Enjoy.....
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    Have a spatchcock turkey on now. Very simple meal planned.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • carbajc8
    Options
    First turkey on the egg for me!  21 lb.  On at 10AM, dinner at 5:30.  Looking good so far!
  • Smokin_Trout
    Options
    I will be going with the favorite topic of the past two weeks- prime rib! Never done one on the egg, but looking forward to it. Merry Christmas! Stay safe.
  • DMurf
    DMurf Posts: 481
    Options
    A little spiral sliced ham, potatoes, green beans, rolls, and salad. Simple and relaxing.
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    Maple-Bourbon Ham; recipe from Smoke and Spice cookbook. 
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • rustypotts
    Options
    We are eating with friends.......I have no idea what they are coking.  we are taking asparagus wrapped in prosciutto, green bean casserole, and deviled eggs.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Home cured bacon and ham along with TFJ's jalapeno cheese grits. Already snuck afew leftover leftover tamales :)
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
     Already snuck afew leftover leftover tamales :)
    And you didn't share....
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Yet another maple bourbon ham, seems like a fave for Eggers. Some delicata squash rings w. maple syrup. A spinach/pine nut quiche, and another w. mushrooms and leeks. Bunch of other stuff including daughter's triple chocolate cookies, and a couple of dozen craft beers.

Then torpor and hours of yaking about this and that.
  • Jscott
    Jscott Posts: 174
    Options
    Doing turkey for in-laws. Santa brought me the salt block! Can't wait to try it!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    Neither Egged nor traditional, but it makes me happy:  Spaghetti & marinara sauce.   :D

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    GrannyX4 said:
     Already snuck afew leftover leftover tamales :)
    And you didn't share....

No, but I did take a lot of pics of how to roll and how they should look at each step. I'll post in a bit
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    Duck and a couple Cornish game hens.  Originally planned on a turkey, but the fresh ones were gone and the frozen ones were 20 lb, which is way bigger than needed.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • jfarley
    jfarley Posts: 145
    Options
    Cooking a 10.5 pound prime rib as we speak. Thanks to all including nolaegghead for some great advice and links to informative websites. Doing the low and slow, reverse sear method. Right now the Egg dome temp is 220, the internal roast temp 58. We're eating at 5pm PST so I'm hoping it will be done in time. May kick the dome temp up a bit. I'll probably do the sear in the oven at 550 while a dutch oven green bean/tomato casserole from Pioneer Woman's recipe cooks on the Egg. I guess we should get a tree ornament for "Egg's first Christmas". Really looking forward to the results. God Bless all and Merry Christmas!
    LBGE - July 2012
    Valencia, CA
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Just three of us for dinner, so a small rib roast.
    tyenic1 Posts: 150
    Options
    I did my big cook yesterday for Christmas eve. Did a bone in ribeye roast. Had to hurry it along cause distracted during the morning. Pulled it off too soon, didn't let it rest long enough before I cut. Pretty much a waste of $110. If I could have foreseen getting sidetracked in the am I would have done something else. Very disappointed in myself and so was my wife. Oh well you live you learn.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    tyenic1 said:
    I did my big cook yesterday for Christmas eve. Did a bone in ribeye roast. Had to hurry it along cause distracted during the morning. Pulled it off too soon, didn't let it rest long enough before I cut. Pretty much a waste of $110. If I could have foreseen getting sidetracked in the am I would have done something else. Very disappointed in myself and so was my wife. Oh well you live you learn.

I've wrecked plenty of good meals. Chin up. We move on.
  • tyenic1
    tyenic1 Posts: 150
    Options
    Yeah your right Cen-Tex, I've got to get another cook in quickly so I can redeem myself.
  • Kokeman
    Kokeman Posts: 822
    Options
    A 25 pound ham. I did it egrets method. It came out great! Merry Christmas all
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    edited December 2012
    Options
    #1 son's handy work beef wellington cut
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx