Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

You Folks May Be Seeing More (or hopefully less) Of Me on This Forum

I weigh over 200 lbs, 61 yrs old, good cholesrol way down, bad cholesterol way up, triglyrisites way up, blood pressure too high, diabetic, ect. I have to try to do something or I'm doomed to an early death. My wife has lost 40 pluse pounds and she is my inspiration, and also my best friend so since I am hooked on the Big Green Egg the only thing to do is cook healthier on the Egg. More later after I try a few recipes.
San Angelo, texas

Comments

• Good luck, dude.  I'd trade you on the weight.  I'm looking forward to New Years.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• check in with Doc Eggerton. He has paved the road for cookin gon the egg evey day and getting healthy. I know Robnybbq (i think that's his handle) is going throgh the same thing. Good luck, you can make great healthy food on the egg.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    edited December 2012
    I know it will sound silly, but kudos to the spouse, check out a health program called the Pink Method.  It is a woman's program, but I went on it in support of the wife, and it really works well.

Following this program, but cooking on the Eggs, we lost a lot of weight, and my sugar went from 124 to 91 in 3 months.  The Egg contribution was the food was so much better than cooked inside.

We're a little off the wagon right now, but planning on starting all over again after New Year.  That said, we are still way ahead of where we were a year ago.

My personal learning nugget was giving up any bread products.  I think that made a huge difference for me.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    The egg is a great tool to cook food.  What you put on it and what you put in your mouth will taste better, but you're running the show.  Hope you stick with it and shed a few. :D
  • Good luck man, you can make the changes needed, as you have taken the first step, you realize you have to do something. You are well on the way as you know you want all the wrong stuff, just change to the right stuff and it will all be good.. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Thanks for all the encouragement, I really need it. Food is an addiction for me, I want all of the wrong stuff. I really plan to get serious after the first of the year.

Most people don't know how to cook good tasting healthy food. Most people don't uderstand what good helathy food tastes like. When I go helathy (and I need to again) I eat like a king. steak, fish, chicken, pork chops, tons of veggies. Know the right cuts and the right seasonings and you will laugh when people say you are on a diet. Booze is my biggest vice so that is the one thing I have a hard time with. liquid calories = bad for getting healthy
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX