Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reheating deep dish

Options
Ok, a lot of deep dish cooked on the forum this past week. I did 2 pies for just me and the wife, so some leftovers. To reheat, I preheated a stone to 500, and turned off the oven. Placed the pizza on the hot stone and let it go for 4 or 5 minutes. Crust ends up very crispy without overlooking the top. Leftovers as good as the original cook.

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Good to know. I had to pre-heat my leftovers in the microwave at work, not ideal, crust suffered, but still good.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• SamFerrise
    Options
    try frying your left over pizza in a CI skillet with some olive oil.  I get mine extra crispy in a hot skillet.  Its a good change every now and then. 

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    try frying your left over pizza in a CI skillet with some olive oil.  I get mine extra crispy in a hot skillet.  Its a good change every now and then. 
    I like what Sam does. I use low power in the nuke to warm the pie only. Some oil in a medium-medium low skillet, CI or non-stick works if you want to limit the oil to just a few drops. Drop in the warmed pie. Put a lid over it. The cheese and fillings will warm with convection and the crust will crisp nicely. The key is to not microwave too much. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    All great tips- thanks!  I am finding myself in need of another deep dish soon! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.