Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Our First Deep Dish Pizza

After seeing some of the deep dish pizzas lately, I knew I had to try my hand at making one and I was not disappointed. I started with this Zippylip's dough recipe, making it ahead Wednesday as it takes 24 hours to rise in the fridge.

Thursday, I pulled it out and let ir rise for 3 hoursimage

Start with some cheese

Then layer in your toppings. We used pepperoni, Our Home-made Hot Italian Sausage, mushrooms and diced red onions.

Add a little sauce

And some more cheese

Then onto the Egg at 425.

35 minutes later

This has to have been our best pizza to date. The crust was crispy, yet the dough was a bit chewy (in a good way), light and airy with a buttery flavor. Some of my favorite toppings, they all went well together. So good. And the best part...I've got another dough ball to use this weekend.  :D

Obviously there are a lot more details, so if you are interested in the my whole write up, check it out HERE. Hope you have a good weekend.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments