Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Simple Healthy Weeknight Cook

Was trying to keep it healthy last night. And simple. And not have to go to the store. Grilled chicken breasts, roasted cauliflower and a salad. And some liquid lubricant of the brown variety to help it go down. 

Started off by firing up the Mini, flattened some chicken breasts and seasoned them down with some CanCooker All Purpose Seasoning that I got at the Plano Fest. I'm not sure what the CanCooker is, but I thought I'd give their seasoning a try.

While the Mini was warming up, I started prepping some cauliflower for a roasted cauliflower recipe. I've heard that cauliflower has all kinds of things and stuff that are good for you. I need all of that I can get.

I hate winter. I can't get a decent shot of things on the Egg at night. Maybe I should hate myself for not figuring out how to photo things better.

Served it up with the cauliflower and a salad. Healthy, huh?

The chicken turned out to be a bit too salty. Guess I was a little heavy handed with the seasoning. What surprised me, though, was that the cauliflower was the star of the show. I've never been a big fan of cauliflower, but this stuff was good. I even went back for seconds. And packed some for lunch today.

So, now that I've had good cauliflower, I'm more interested in it. Anybody have a good recipe for grilling it up?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• I like cauliflower, green olives, and garbonzo beans tossed in EVO dusted with tsunami spin or trader joes everyday seasoning, 

in the oven on a cookie sheet 350 flipping every ten until the cauliflower is roasted

on the egg, in a cast iron frying pan, 375 on the dome flipping every ten, 

usually done around 40 minutes, had one batch go fast the other day and was done at 25, so keep an eye on it.

if there is any left works great as a cold left over
    Barbecue may not be what brings world peace, but it has to be a good place to start -Anthony Bourdain 
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316

Vary nice, Im a Cauliflower junkie and look for new ways to eat it. I have taken whole Cauliflower and cut them in half and seasoned them and cooked them on the egg indirect at 300 with a little smoke.

Came out awesome.

I think tonight I am going your route with some grilled chicken.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Google aloo gobi. Man it's good

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Not that there was every a chance of that happening, @Village_Idiot. :P

Rowlett, Texas

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Looks great (as usual) griff, I just need to make some that's so incredible my supertaster Miss B likes.  Then maybe I can get it on the menu regularly, because I love cauliflower.
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,023
    Looks great! Cauliflower is great for your liver too....it's a detox veggie. And we know how you can be with bourbon. =))
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Guess I should pick up more today at the store. :))

Rowlett, Texas

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    How many heads of cauliflower should I pick up with each handle of bourbon?  :)
    Hey Griffin, I'm gonna try the cauliflower tonight, looks delish! Quick dumb question for you though. Do you cover while in the oven or leave it uncovered?
  • Nice cook, like the pounded chicken. 

For veggies, I use an asian twist, 1/3 cup of soy and rice vinegar, 1 Tbs minced ginger and honey and minced garlic, about 1 tsp sesame oil (to taste)

Marinate your veggies in this, at least 2 hours, drain and then roast, indirect, uncovered. After 10 minutes, give it a quick stir. Works for cauliflower by itself, but it also likes company, any firm veggie will do. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Eggcellent.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Good looking dinner. Cauliflower is such a neutral veggie. I can't figure out why VI won't let it touch his lips. I cook it al dente and dice it up and use it instead of rice under stir fry and in my asian lettuce wraps. But I think it would be even better roasted. Thanks for posting.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Looks good, I love Cauliflower! My fav way to eat is to steam it and the throw it in the processor with a little butter salt pepper and a tad of milk and blend it into a mashed potato consistency. GOOD EATS!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA