Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef, it's what's for dinner.....

London Broil brisket tonight, with tomatoes and sweet potato.

Did two, just to make sure our late arriver got her share.  One would have been enough, but we always put away freezer lunches, so it does not matter.

EVOO and McCormack Montreal.  Done on the MBGE, raised grid, 400 for about 7 minutes a side.

Pretty durned good.

Pics to follow.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    edited December 2012
    Pics

Despite the butter on the potatoes, I lost 5 pounds this week :-)

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Never heard of cooking brisket MR, I'd think it would be tough.  Can't wait to see the pics.

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,050
    Great job on the weight loss!  I've actually lost 7 so far this week on my low carb diet.  :)  Awesome looking meal! 
  • Looks good, So the London Broil is more like a steak? Where do you get tomatoes at this time of year?
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Where do you get tomatoes at this time of year?
    Dawg.  I'm picking them every day in my garden.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Doc_Eggerton
    edited December 2012
    Dyal_SC said:
    Great job on the weight loss!  I've actually lost 7 so far this week on my low carb diet.  :)  Awesome looking meal! 
    Moderate servings of lean meat and copious veggies.  No bread, no cheese, nothing else tasty.

• Doc_Eggerton
    edited December 2012
    Looks good, So the London Broil is more like a steak? Where do you get tomatoes at this time of year?
    My garden :-)

• Wow, Pulled up my garden 3 weeks ago, too cold for Maters here in ATL
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Wow, Pulled up my garden 3 weeks ago, too cold for Maters here in ATL
    Lived in Decatur for a number of weeks at the Hope Lodge.  Didn't get to experience really cold, but holy crap the pollen, and I learned that Atlanta needs some serious work on their flood/drainage control.

• Ellis
    Ellis Posts: 195
    Doc 7 # way to go, I'm going to start using more butter :). I just have enouhg cherry tomatoes left in the garden for a few more tomatoe salads. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Who knows what a London Broil is, I may be using the wrong cut.  These are darned good marinated in Allegro Hot & Spicy or Dichicko's Garlic as well.
    Doc, looks like that's flank.  Looks really good - nice job!
    You're right, I think that is flank.

• Bayarad
    Bayarad Posts: 313
    Doc- Great looking cook! Not intending to hijack thread but just curious as I have been low carb since September when diagnosed w/ Type II DM and still going through the learning curve! Why is cheese bad? BTW- down 40 lbs. since then! Amazing that can cook great carb- friendly food on the egg! I was afraid my baby was going to gather dust after the diagnosis!
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Who knows what a London Broil is, I may be using the wrong cut.  These are darned good marinated in Allegro Hot & Spicy or Dichicko's Garlic as well.

They look to wide for flank. In the late 60's, when I was a meat cutter, London Broil was the first cut off of the top round after we trimmed a little to square it up. We would cut these 2" to 3"thick.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • Bayarad said:
    Doc- Great looking cook! Not intending to hijack thread but just curious as I have been low carb since September when diagnosed w/ Type II DM and still going through the learning curve! Why is cheese bad? BTW- down 40 lbs. since then! Amazing that can cook great carb- friendly food on the egg! I was afraid my baby was going to gather dust after the diagnosis!
    Just reducing fat and calories.  Frankly, I think cutting out bread is the single best thing I've done for my diet.