Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork roast tonight

I picked up a center cut boneless pork roast the other day....basically a hunk from the loin.

I cut some slits in the roast and inserted slivers of garlic, then made a rub from olive oil, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper.....and applied that to the roast and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours.

Got the Egg nice and hot and seared the roast...used a few apple chips too. Once it was seared, the plate setter went in, and the roast was finished at about 400°. I pulled the roast when the internal temp was 138°, was shooting for 135°, but I got sidetracked for a few minutes.  I also did some roasted carrots with some balsamic, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and bit of fresh ground nutmeg too.

Did not get any sliced pics, but I let it rest for 10 minutes before carving.....very juicy, tender, and great flavor. Carrots were nice too.
imageimage

Comments