Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- Hey, look what came in the mail today! (any bowlers out there?)

2»

Comments

• How can you have a handicap of 1977?  Isn't it only possible to get 300?  Boy, you must really be bad !!!   :))

Heck if I know, VI!  My job was to show up, drink beer, and throw the ball towards the pins.   [-O<

Ok Kristi, you threw a big hanging curveball over the plate and I'm gonna whack it.  It's all in fun. 

Did you at least drink the beer proficiently?  That is, you didn't regularly spill it on your shirt, did ya?

Flint, Michigan
  • Guess me flashing my 155 bowling ring just lost its luster on this board. LOL

Congrats, I've bowled enough to realize I would never sniff 200 let alone 300.

The Dude abides!

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    edited November 2012
    As an accomplished bowler and the forum defacto expert, @michigan_jason, what do you think of these bowlers that throw with two hands, no finger holes in the ball? 

Defacto eh? Perhaps you would like to elaborate on your choice of words?

Regardless, I was trained to bowl with my thumb in the ball. That said, if it is allowed by the USBC, or whatever organization you are bowling in, go for it. To each their own, and some guys are damn good at it, Ala Jason Belmonte.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• How can you have a handicap of 1977?  Isn't it only possible to get 300?  Boy, you must really be bad !!!   :))

Heck if I know, VI!  My job was to show up, drink beer, and throw the ball towards the pins.   [-O<

Ok Kristi, you threw a big hanging curveball over the plate and I'm gonna whack it.  It's all in fun. 

Did you at least drink the beer proficiently?  That is, you didn't regularly spill it on your shirt, did ya?

Hell no she didn't, she is a professional!

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• Very super cool man - congrats, it's beautiful!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• Very super cool man - congrats, it's beautiful!
    Thank you very much man! I am really proud!

• IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    I am the only bowler to have ever thrown a 301. Your 300 is decent at best.
  • IrishDevl said:
    I can't believe it took so long for someone to say that! Thanks man! I used my left hand if that helps lol.

• IrishDevl
    IrishDevl said:
    I can't believe it took so long for someone to say that! Thanks man! I used my left hand if that helps lol.
    Good stuff, when I bowl a 300 I think I pulled a Munson
  • IrishDevl
    I bowled a 300 once...I had to add up three games to do it...but I bowled a 300.  Fantastic accomplishment Mich Jason, well done.
  • IrishDevl said:

I bowled a 300 once...I had to add up three games to do it...but I bowled a 300.  Fantastic accomplishment Mich Jason, well done.

Thanks alot irishdevl, I appreciate it.

• As an accomplished bowler and the forum defacto expert, @michigan_jason, what do you think of these bowlers that throw with two hands, no finger holes in the ball? 

Regardless, I was trained to bowl with my thumb in the ball. That said, if it is allowed by the USBC, or whatever organization you are bowling in, go for it. To each their own, and some guys are damn good at it, Ala Jason Belmonte.
    By defacto, you are the first expert, the only real 300 bowler on this forum that I know of, hence you are the expert. My money is on you - if someone else want to take your title, let them speak now or forever hold their peace or is it piece, never could get that right. 
    Anyway, as a Canuck, I did bowl in a league for some time with a 305 average, of course it was 5 pin and a perfect game is 450, but still, I didn't get a ring. Great accomplishment, go get another!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!

• As an accomplished bowler and the forum defacto expert, @michigan_jason, what do you think of these bowlers that throw with two hands, no finger holes in the ball? 

By defacto, you are the first expert, the only real 300 bowler on this forum that I know of, hence you are the expert. My money is on you - if someone else want to take your title, let them speak now or forever hold their peace or is it piece, never could get that right. 
    Anyway, as a Canuck, I did bowl in a league for some time with a 305 average, of course it was 5 pin and a perfect game is 450, but still, I didn't get a ring. Great accomplishment, go get another!

Thanks man, guess I took it out of context. Glad it is clarified. 5 pin bowling sounds cool.

• Ever do duckpins?  While living on the east coast we were exposed to this style of bowling.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• @hapster Thanks man, you should get back into it, or maybe you are just scared that you will get TOO into it? You are right about it being a great family activity. I try to get the family going as much as possible for open bowling. My 3 year old is a lefty like me and already bowls using one hand.

• @smittythesmoker No, I have never heard of duckpins.