Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza night w/ the High School Basketball Girls

Options
Last week I asked for some tips on cooking pizzas for a large number for my wife's basketball team and tonight was the party. Some of the girls did not know that pizza could be made at home and they were wondering when Papa Johns was coming over. They had a great time and thanks to all that helped me make a better pizza. My wife and I both teach and coach high school kids and we love to give our kids opportunities to do things that they never get to do at their houses. I cooked at 550 with the place setter legs down on top of the grate. I used three crushed cans on top of the place setter and stone on top of that. The choices for toppings were: pepperoni, sausage, ham, bacon, black olives, green peppers, onion, pineapple, and mushrooms. We set up an assembly line and the girls partnered up and made their pizzas. I did not get any great pictures of the food, but it was great. The last photo is of a girl that did not like crust so we took some wheat bread and put the toppings on and put it on the stone. She said it was good. Little Caesars gave me the boxes so the girls could have an easy way to bring me the pizza out to the egg and me put their pizza in after I cooked it. The boxes also made for easy clean up as the girls ate out of them.  image
imageimageimage

Comments