Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Options

Hello everyone, what a great site with lots of good information. I have had my XL BGE for about 2 months now and I am totally ate up with it. Dont know if I will ever cook with gas again. My family just loves the food that comes off the egg and there's nothing better than that. We attended the BGE Fest in Plano this past weekend and had a blast. Will probably cook in it next year. I love the Ozark Oak Charcoal and the Dizzy pig products. Looking forward to discussions on here.

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Welcome aboard. Glad you joined up and atteneded the Fest. You are gonna learn tons here. Don't forget to post pictures.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options

Glad to have you and hope we got to meet in Plano. As Griffin said we like pictures (most of us don't read).

Set up March 16th to be in Salado for our little fest (160 miles south on 35). Bring you kilt if you got one....

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Plano_JJ
    Plano_JJ Posts: 448
    Options

Thanks, I met a lot of folks there. I enjoyed talking with the Spring Chicken fella, going to try his Bourbon chicken recipe soon. It was delicious.

Here is the only pic I have so far. Tri-tip I did a few weeks ago with some DP Raising the Steaks. More to come as I get more comfortable with this thing. I will have to look into the Salado event.

• JerkChicken
    Options
    Welcome to the fanatics. Eggsellent choice going with the XL
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • Griffin
    Options

Oh c'mon @ayayron - what is there to disagree about? That I am glad he joined up? That I  am glad that he went to a fest? That he is going to learn tons here? That he shouldn't post pictures here? Maybe he should take a cue from you and just sit back, never make a post and disagree with everybody and mark everybody down as a troll? Your life must be pretty pathetic if you have nothing better to do than attack people here who are trying to help people out and share their love of the Egg. I really hope you get banned soon. You've proven that you are worthless.

@Plano_JJ - sorry to hijack your thread. Mos people (not @ayaron) are here to help out in any way they can or will cheer on your successes. Just don't feed the trolls. They have a way of coming back and stirring up grief.

Rowlett, Texas

• Plano_JJ
    Options
    Welcome to the fanatics. Eggsellent choice going with the XL
    I have to thank my wife for that. I was going to get the Large but when she saw them, she said we need the XL. Love that woman!
  • Mickey
    Options
    Griffin said:

Oh c'mon @ayayron - what is there to disagree about? That I am glad he joined up? That I  am glad that he went to a fest? That he is going to learn tons here? That he shouldn't post pictures here? Maybe he should take a cue from you and just sit back, never make a post and disagree with everybody and mark everybody down as a troll? Your life must be pretty pathetic if you have nothing better to do than attack people here who are trying to help people out and share their love of the Egg. I really hope you get banned soon. You've proven that you are worthless.

@Plano_JJ - sorry to hijack your thread. Mos people (not @ayaron) are here to help out in any way they can or will cheer on your successes. Just don't feed the trolls. They have a way of coming back and stirring up grief.

Griffin did you see the picture of you he posted on the other thread?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Plano_JJ
    Options
    Is the picture not showing up here? I'll try again just in case.
  • Griffin
    Options

It showed up @Plano_JJ.

@Mickey - no, but I saw the one you did.

Rowlett, Texas

• Mickey
    Options
    Griffin said:

It showed up @Plano_JJ.

@Mickey - no, but I saw the one you did.

Those real smart guys and switch names pal.

• cspearce2
    Options
    Welcome aboard!!
    Kind Regards...Papa C
    Peachtree City, GA
    2-XLBG's E...Webber 22" kettle, Retired Gas Grill
    Roll Tide!!!
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Nice Tri-tip. looks good. 
    Welcome to the zoo, have a great day!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Welcome...great advice, recipes, conversation and a little drama. Fun for all.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options
    Welcome to the forum!  I'm about two weeks deep into forum participation, and from my short list of experiences, most everyone on here is eager to help out.  Don't hesitate to ask anything, someone will step up and help you out.  I love my Egg, but the fan base and the forum are really what makes the whole experience so enjoyable.  

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Welcome, ask questions, post pictures and have fun learning new cooks! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    Welcome, Plano II.  You will love it here.  Great folks, and lots of ideas.

However, I already have a complaint for you.  Your picture is way too much in focus.  Our coke bottles don't focus that well.  
    :))

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Welcome @Plano_II!  The tri-tip looks great!  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Plano_JJ
    Options

Thanks for the comments, just found out this summer through a friend of mine what a Tri Tip was. What a great discovery :)]

• Plano_JJ
    Options
    Welcome, Plano II.  You will love it here.  Great folks, and lots of ideas.

However, I already have a complaint for you.  Your picture is way too much in focus.  Our coke bottles don't focus that well.  
    :))

Ha, my nephew took the picture. These kids and their fancy phones :-B
  • DonWW
    DonWW Posts: 424
    Options
    Welcome to another North Texas Egger.  Glad you could join the circus!
    XL and Medium.  Dallas, Texas.
  • SmokinDAWG82
    Options
    Welcome aboard, Good Cookin!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • calracefan
    Options
    Welcome ! Enjoy ,lots to learn here .
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options

Welcome. I'am a new member here also. You will have a great time here.

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Welcome aboard!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Hashmaker
    Options
    Welcome! Enjoy your egg.
  • J_Que
    J_Que Posts: 223
    Options

Welcome Plano. I'm new as well, but everyone as made me feel welcomed already. This is a great community. That Tri-tip looks great!

I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Welcome JJ. Glad to have you.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Yes, Welcome!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Plano_JJ
    Options
    Thanks ya'll, love all the info and pics on this site.
  • Plano_JJ
    Options
    Welcome aboard, Good Cookin!
    Looks like ya'll are going to take the East this year, congrats.