Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Some Recent Cooks

Options
BENTE
BENTE Posts: 8,337
edited November 2012 in EggHead Forum

hi all i have been eggin for 10 years now i have been a regular over at the other forum for the last several years. i decided i neede to start posting over here since i made so many friends over the years through the other forum. but i dont really know many of you over here. so i decided that i need to do more posting over here. i have been postiong a few answers to  the regular stuff i have posted a thousand times. but i figure ya'll dont know me and have no idea if i even know how to run a egg and a camera. so a couple weeks ago i dusted off the camera. and since i went over to the forum feedback i think i know how to post pictures.

here are a couple pumpkins i turned into pumpkin soup and pumpkin ravioli

only one ravioli shot i took with my phone

then i had to do something with all those seeds

i had not roasted a whole chicken in a couple years i am a spatchcoked kinda guy so i decided to do one. i put some af under the bird to keep the juices so i could turn them into gravey

then this past weekend i had a egger friend of mine ask me to come to his house and make six pizzas well six pizzas are alot of work but it was fun i only got one picture of the pizzas and it happened to be one i screwed up

but it tasted good

yep i have been over ther for years some of you i know used to be over there and if you were around five years ago you would have seen my 3 week old daughters picture at eggtoberfest in 07 here is a picture of her now

yep wont be long she will be running a egg all by herself. anyway i just wanted to introduce myself as i dont plan to go over there as much anymore they seem to be loosing fun people all the time besides i got most of their phone numbers and emails anyway. i sure hope the photos show up or this will be a big waste of time.

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Hi BENTE..... Photos work a little different over here. You will get the hang of it soon. You will find lots of us use both forums and some very nice people who have never (or once/twice) visit other forum.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    hey @BENTE - glad to have you over here. Welcome aboard.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Little Steven
    Options
    When did you learn to cook Terry?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• BENTE
    Options
    steve i thought you taught me to cook but i was wrong youu taught me how to use other peoples wok's i dont know how to post photos that much is obvious and since you can only edit your poost in an hour it doesnt look like i will figure this one out before the time expires. and griffin and mickey how did ya'll get my name to be hilighted?

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Little Steven
    Options
    What I do buddy is click the pic in photobucket, the thumbnail and when it enlarges I copy and paste it in here. I'm sure there are more technical ways but it works for old farts

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options

BENTE just "copy" it and "paste" it.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• BENTE
    Options

ok that did it i know how now

thanks Mickey and Little Steven

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Hi Bente- good to "see" you.  Looks like you got the pic thing figured out.  I was just writing some instructions but I refreshed my browser and saw your pics are there now ;)

Great lookin food and a beautiful family! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Welcome to the new/old forum or the old/new forum or...oh what the heck...welcome...It was good hanging with y'all at Weinberger's...hope to see you all soon....
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    @Bente, thanks for posting, love those pumpkin seeds. Go great with Pumpkin ALe which is on sale most places now....

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • BENTE
    Options

vidalia1 it is always good hanging with the first lady and you too i guess :D  and have you got any idea when you want to go cook at ronnies store?

SmokeyPitt thanks for trying to help i will get the hang of it sooner or more likely later

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options

Welcome Terry, good to see you.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Options
    The pumpkin ravioli looks great.  Care to share the recipe?

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• BENTE
    Options
    dlk7i actually used the same ingredients zippy lip used a couple weeks ago i roasted the pumpkin scooped out all the "meat"" then put it into a towel so i could get all the water out of it. then i mixed in some dizzy pig pineapple rub and some marscapone cheese i then rolled out some fresh pasta (which i love) put it into my ravioli mold covered with more pasta . after i got them out of the mold i steamed them and pan fried them. next time i will put sugar in the pasta and put some cool whip on the side for dipping. it was good but would have been better as a dessert instead of a meal.

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options

Terry,

I will be talking to Terry at the Mothership in a few weeks. He wants to try to do 6-8 store cooks in 2013...once we get that schedule we can get together with Ronnie & see when he wants us up there...I am thinking the spring before GA Mtn Fest...