Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Forum Upgrades - me likey

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    As always Nola you're correct. Signed out and back in. What happens if you get flagged?. Little Steven is threatening to flag me.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    henapple said:
    As always Nola you're correct. Signed out and back in. What happens if you get flagged?. Little Steven is threatening to flag me.
    Flag him right back for flagging you.  ;)  Or at least threaten him back.
    Or do it first and then I'll be the bad guy.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• henapple
    Lol...there where so many things I wanted to say, but I took the high road.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    henapple said:

If it involved the word flag or if the word flag was misunderstood I am with you. We can't be the only two.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    edited October 2012
    Griffin said:
    I'm glad it finally shows who the original poster is. Jim and I were talking about that earlier today.

Yeah I can't believe the timing on this one either as Griffin said: we were talking about this just this morning. I find this place is often so busy that I don't have time to open up each and every new post to see who the original poster was. Problem solved!

As for most of the other new buttons I'm cautiously pessimistic. I can see them becoming a distraction for people. Plus I don't intend to wear this asbestos lined underwear to visit this place.

Jim
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • jfm0830 said:
    Griffin said:
    I'm glad it finally shows who the original poster is. Jim and I were talking about that earlier today.

Yeah I can't believe the timing on this one either as Griffin said: we were talking about this just this morning. I find this place is often so busy that I don't have time to open up each and every new post to see who the original poster was. Problem solved!

As for most of the other new buttons I'm cautiously pessimistic. I can see them becoming a distraction for people. Plus I don't intend to wear this asbestos lined underwear to visit this place.

Jim

Where'd you get them fancy britches??????
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Mickey said:

henapple said:

If it involved the word flag or if the word flag was misunderstood I am with you. We can't be the only two.

There's at least 3 of us 8-}

XLBGE 
  • New format...Well it is different....Wonder if it stays around.  I like knowing who started the post
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I think it will. I hope that the s-storm history of the past 2-3 months stays history. This should allow for better self-policing.
  • Just wondering can I like, disagree and agree with myself...Me, myself and I rarely on the same page.  :D
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited October 2012
    How do you become a troll?

@MrCookingNurse
    POOF!  You're a Troll!

Flint, Michigan
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,431
    jfm0830 said:Plus I don't intend to wear this asbestos lined underwear to visit this place.

Jim
    Yeah, that stuff itches like hell.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• henapple
    What the hell is a troll?
  • nolaegghead
    henapple said:
    What the hell is a troll?
    Person that tries to incite incivility in a forum (or on the internet in general) by being provocative.
    Oh....despite my "pounding the meat" post I'm not provocative....I haven't been here long enough to understand the drama over the few weeks.
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    This is a troll

Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • henapple
    I thought that was Nola
  • nolaegghead
    This is a troll

If I were Max, I'd say that wasn't a troll, but a Wild Thing.
    henapple said:
    I thought that was Nola
    That's a pretty accurate description ;)
    We have a troll (as in billy goat gruff) in Salado on the green bridge. Will get a pic Sat.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• henapple
    Is Salado a big eggfest?
  • Mickey
    We will give away 4 Minis & Stands, Yeta Cooler at the 2013 (and sold over 40 Demo Eggs last year). It is free for cooks and tasters. We have a pre and post party. Take a look at the blog posted just below. Cell me with questions.

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    ot, since saldo came up, my wife got a sweet new job with free flight benefits, and i want to go to an egg fest bad and there is not one anywhere in the current state i live.  anyways, i used to live in west texas and love the state, thinking i might want to make a trip out there for it with the wife, maybe make a little vacation out of it.  how much notice is needed for guests?
  • Mickey
    U_tarded said:
    ot, since saldo came up, my wife got a sweet new job with free flight benefits, and i want to go to an egg fest bad and there is not one anywhere in the current state i live.  anyways, i used to live in west texas and love the state, thinking i might want to make a trip out there for it with the wife, maybe make a little vacation out of it.  how much notice is needed for guests?

Sounds good. Just fly into Austin and Salado is 60 miles away (we are on the slow side of the 85mph toll road and you can only drive 80). When you think you might be coming sign up and if a change send us a note. What state are you in?

• henapple
    My work will have me all over TX that month...thought about working the eggfest in.
  • Mickey
    henapple said:
    My work will have me all over TX that month...thought about working the eggfest in.

Please come. Travis orVI will buy you a drink if still standing (I would be here before 9:00 for that drink).

• henapple
    I'm assuming that's 9 am...
  • I love that there is a Troll button!
    Mark Annville, PA
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Mickey said:

U_tarded said:

Sounds good. Just fly into Austin and Salado is 60 miles away (we are on the slow side of the 85mph toll road and you can only drive 80). When you think you might be coming sign up and if a change send us a note.
    What state are you in?

Awesome! I will know more after the new year starts. We live in southwest Utah near the Arizona Nevada boarders.