Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.


In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Forum Upgrades - me likey

13

Comments

  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,986
    As always Nola you're correct. Signed out and back in. What happens if you get flagged?. Little Steven is threatening to flag me.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,701
    henapple said:
    As always Nola you're correct. Signed out and back in. What happens if you get flagged?. Little Steven is threatening to flag me.
    Flag him right back for flagging you.  ;)  Or at least threaten him back.
    ______________________________________________
    This is my signature line just so you're not confused.  Love me or hate me, I am forum Marmite.
    Large and Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr, Akorn Jr, smoker with a 5k btu AC, gas grill, fire pit, pack of angry cats, two turntables and a microphone, my friend.  Registered republican.
    New Orleans, LA - we know how to eat 

  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,817
    Or do it first and then I'll be the bad guy.

    Steve 

    Caledon, ON

     

  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,986
    Lol...there where so many things I wanted to say, but I took the high road.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,744
    henapple said:
    Lol...there where so many things I wanted to say, but I took the high road.

    If it involved the word flag or if the word flag was misunderstood I am with you. We can't be the only two.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

  • jfm0830jfm0830 Posts: 987
    edited October 2012
    Griffin said:
    I'm glad it finally shows who the original poster is. Jim and I were talking about that earlier today.

    Yeah I can't believe the timing on this one either as Griffin said: we were talking about this just this morning. I find this place is often so busy that I don't have time to open up each and every new post to see who the original poster was. Problem solved!

    As for most of the other new buttons I'm cautiously pessimistic. I can see them becoming a distraction for people. Plus I don't intend to wear this asbestos lined underwear to visit this place.

    Jim
    Website: www.grillinsmokin.net
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • jfm0830 said:
    Griffin said:
    I'm glad it finally shows who the original poster is. Jim and I were talking about that earlier today.

    Yeah I can't believe the timing on this one either as Griffin said: we were talking about this just this morning. I find this place is often so busy that I don't have time to open up each and every new post to see who the original poster was. Problem solved!

    As for most of the other new buttons I'm cautiously pessimistic. I can see them becoming a distraction for people. Plus I don't intend to wear this asbestos lined underwear to visit this place.

    Jim

    Where'd you get them fancy britches??????
    1- LGBE
    1- KBQ C-60 (The Dishwasher)
    I- Blackstone 36" Griddle
    1- Sweet-A$$ Roccbox Pizza Oven
    1-Very Understanding and Forgiving Wife
  • Mickey said:


    henapple said:

    Lol...there where so many things I wanted to say, but I took the high road.



    If it involved the word flag or if the word flag was misunderstood I am with you. We can't be the only two.

    There's at least 3 of us 8-}


    _______________________________________________

    XLBGE 
  • New format...Well it is different....Wonder if it stays around.  I like knowing who started the post
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 14,013
    I think it will. I hope that the s-storm history of the past 2-3 months stays history. This should allow for better self-policing.
  • Just wondering can I like, disagree and agree with myself...Me, myself and I rarely on the same page.  :D
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 7,463
    edited October 2012
    How do you become a troll?

    @MrCookingNurse
    POOF!  You're a Troll!

     

    image
    Flint, Michigan
  • BotchBotch Posts: 6,349
    jfm0830 said:Plus I don't intend to wear this asbestos lined underwear to visit this place.

    Jim
    Yeah, that stuff itches like hell.  
    _____________________________________________
     
    Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  
     
    Ogden, Utard.  
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,986
    What the hell is a troll?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,701
    henapple said:
    What the hell is a troll?
    Person that tries to incite incivility in a forum (or on the internet in general) by being provocative.
    ______________________________________________
    This is my signature line just so you're not confused.  Love me or hate me, I am forum Marmite.
    Large and Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr, Akorn Jr, smoker with a 5k btu AC, gas grill, fire pit, pack of angry cats, two turntables and a microphone, my friend.  Registered republican.
    New Orleans, LA - we know how to eat 

  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,986
    Oh....despite my "pounding the meat" post I'm not provocative....I haven't been here long enough to understand the drama over the few weeks.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 5,001
    This is a troll


    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,986
    I thought that was Nola
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,701
    This is a troll


    If I were Max, I'd say that wasn't a troll, but a Wild Thing.
    ______________________________________________
    This is my signature line just so you're not confused.  Love me or hate me, I am forum Marmite.
    Large and Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr, Akorn Jr, smoker with a 5k btu AC, gas grill, fire pit, pack of angry cats, two turntables and a microphone, my friend.  Registered republican.
    New Orleans, LA - we know how to eat 

  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,701
    henapple said:
    I thought that was Nola
    That's a pretty accurate description ;)
    ______________________________________________
    This is my signature line just so you're not confused.  Love me or hate me, I am forum Marmite.
    Large and Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr, Akorn Jr, smoker with a 5k btu AC, gas grill, fire pit, pack of angry cats, two turntables and a microphone, my friend.  Registered republican.
    New Orleans, LA - we know how to eat 

  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,744
    We have a troll (as in billy goat gruff) in Salado on the green bridge. Will get a pic Sat.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,986
    Is Salado a big eggfest?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,744
    We will give away 4 Minis & Stands, Yeta Cooler at the 2013 (and sold over 40 Demo Eggs last year). It is free for cooks and tasters. We have a pre and post party. Take a look at the blog posted just below. Cell me with questions.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,562
    ot, since saldo came up, my wife got a sweet new job with free flight benefits, and i want to go to an egg fest bad and there is not one anywhere in the current state i live.  anyways, i used to live in west texas and love the state, thinking i might want to make a trip out there for it with the wife, maybe make a little vacation out of it.  how much notice is needed for guests?
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,744
    U_tarded said:
    ot, since saldo came up, my wife got a sweet new job with free flight benefits, and i want to go to an egg fest bad and there is not one anywhere in the current state i live.  anyways, i used to live in west texas and love the state, thinking i might want to make a trip out there for it with the wife, maybe make a little vacation out of it.  how much notice is needed for guests?

    Sounds good. Just fly into Austin and Salado is 60 miles away (we are on the slow side of the 85mph toll road and you can only drive 80). When you think you might be coming sign up and if a change send us a note. What state are you in?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,986
    My work will have me all over TX that month...thought about working the eggfest in.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,744
    henapple said:
    My work will have me all over TX that month...thought about working the eggfest in.

    Please come. Travis orVI will buy you a drink if still standing (I would be here before 9:00 for that drink).
    Salado TX Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,986
    I'm assuming that's 9 am...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • I love that there is a Troll button!
    Mark Annville, PA
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,562
    Mickey said:


    U_tarded said:

    ot, since saldo came up, my wife got a sweet new job with free flight benefits, and i want to go to an egg fest bad and there is not one anywhere in the current state i live.  anyways, i used to live in west texas and love the state, thinking i might want to make a trip out there for it with the wife, maybe make a little vacation out of it.  how much notice is needed for guests?



    Sounds good. Just fly into Austin and Salado is 60 miles away (we are on the slow side of the 85mph toll road and you can only drive 80). When you think you might be coming sign up and if a change send us a note.
    What state are you in?

    Awesome! I will know more after the new year starts. We live in southwest Utah near the Arizona Nevada boarders.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Click here for Forum Use Guidelines.