Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BarBQ Galore closing in South Texas

Options
texbagger
texbagger Posts: 90
edited October 2012 in Forum List
Got a call from our local BBQ Galore store, gal told me ALL barbq galores in South Texas are closing end of this month and all prices are 40% off.  Have at it.

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Please be cereal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going this weekend. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • lakewade
    lakewade Posts: 385
    Options
    texbagger said:
    Got a call from our local BBQ Galore store, gal told me ALL barbq galores in South Texas are closing end of this month and all prices are 40% off.  Have at it.

Is Austin considered South Texas?

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    Options
    lakewade said:
    texbagger said:

Mexico is I believe :))
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    Sgt93 said:
    Mexico is I believe :))
    I think it's the opposite - S. Texas is considered North Mexico.  I saw a sign (in Houston) in front of a restaurant yesterday that said "Se habla Ingléis."

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    lakewade said:

texbagger said:

Hope so. Me no Likey. BBQ outfitters is the spot in ATX.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • texbagger
    Options

CenTex--I didn't care much for BarBQ galore myself but we're a little deprived of good Q stores here in San Antonio.  I did find a jewel of a place in Jeff's Backyard over on Nakoma near the SA Airport.  Small place but it's packed full of BGE and other goodies.  His prices seem inline with what I see on Amazon so hope he stays in business.

I got to come to Austin TX to check out the BBQ outfitter place.

• lakewade
    Options
    texbagger said:

Hope so. Me no Likey. BBQ outfitters is the spot in ATX.
    Yeah I like BBQ Outfitters on 620 at Four Points.  I actually bought my Egg at BBQ Galore though...they have some good stuff there, especially the swanky one near the Galleria.  If it is having a going out of business sale I need to check it out.

-----------
  • Baysidebob
    Options
    Got my large from Galore in Walnut Creek, Ca.  If they're closing in Texas it doesn't look good for them anywhere.  I think all the other local (to me) dealers listed on the BGE website operate out of the trunks of their cars because I can't get a cogent reponse from any of them.
    My actuary says I'm dead.
    733102243 Posts: 38
    edited October 2012
    Options

BBQs Galore went into bankruptcy protection in 2008. They appear to have had some issues moving forward. (Items not in stock, frequent long lasting backorders etc.)

The closure you mention may be good news in disguise for BBQG fans and MAY have something to do with this: Quadrant acquires majority stake in BBQs Galore. Frequently, financial moves such as this trigger changes in management etc. And vice versa - BBQ Galore may have comitted to trimming poor performing stores and in doing so, attracted capital.

We used to shop at two of their SoCal stores but, I've found them to be really not interested in my business so I bought my new Egg from a locally owned store.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,961
    edited October 2012
    Options
    BTW- Went to the Bee Cave Store today. They are closing. Everything 40% off. See you guys there tomorrow :)
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options

We also hear of store closings here in California.   Seems their inventory has been lower than what I remember from years past.   

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
  • texbagger
    texbagger Posts: 90
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Yup, and every store south of Dallas is out!  Last day open for my local stores here is this Saturday.
  • texbagger
    Options
    Discount is up to 70%, I stopped by today and the San Antonio Quarry Market is reduced to a small inventory.  Lot's of rubs and sauces, and some other items.  The staff was loading a moving truck up with hand carts.
  • lakewade
    Options
    "The Tower" went by the Bee Cave Galleria location today and it is picked clean.  So yeah, Austin is considered South Texas and I missed the boat.

-----------
  • austinfajitaman
    Options
    Went by the south Austin location (Brodie Ln) today and what little was left was now 75% off.  Got a boat load of spices and marinades + bone suckin sauces and mustards for almost free.
  • Z_Eggineer
    Options
    @ Bay Area people, in the future check out Smitty in the South Bay, and Eggfest, or Friedman's in the East Bay for good Egg prices.  BBQ Galore wanted $200+ more than the places I named.
  • Brokeass44
    Options
    So evidently Plano is also considered south Texas.......
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Funny, I've always considered it the Southern most city in Oklahoma :))

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Y'all better watch out- Fred is going to regulate on you for bringing back old threads. :))
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    I guess Allen isn't. I went there today. They're doing fine.
  • Z_Eggineer
    Z_Eggineer Posts: 576
    Options
    A bunch closed in California (I missed the sales!)  Apparently they are only keeping the most profitable stores open (makes sense.)