Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What is your go to gun?

Comments

• FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Glock 9mm with couple extended clips for side arm/back up. My 12 gauge as primary.
    Boom
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    @jerkchicken got it from discount gunsales. Bleeding zombie...
    Lynnwood WA
  • Bayarad
    Bayarad Posts: 313
    .357 magnum for the right hand, .45 cal. M-1911 for the left hand, a crapload of hollow points for both, and a 20 Guage for the wifey! We are good to go! Still wish I could have Snake's flamethrower from John Carpenter's "The Thing!"
  • FanOfFanboys
    tazcrash said:
    Since we are talking zombies, I'll go with the BFG:

First game I ever played. Still remember the cheats. idkfa put you on easy street. So did iddqd and for fun idclip
    Boom
  • I don't own a gun, but have learned a lot from this thread! Oh by the way, I don't think I will be visiting any of you anytime soon! Ha ha
  • I like my pistols.  I have an S&W 686 (357 magnum) & a Colt 1911 .45.  I guess I would use the .45 should any zombies come calling.  That'll send them back to wherever they came from in little pieces!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    GLOCK .45, .40, and Sig .380 w/ laser to play around with.
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757

Ruger LCP 380

Springfield XD 9 SC

Kimber CDP2 45

2 ARs with red dots.

AK, if thats what it takes.

A variety of Shotguns including an M1 pump

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Ranger908
    Ranger908 Posts: 44
    edited August 2012

If an armed zombie is on your porch about to steal your BGE, what do you go to? 

A match.  Light the BGE.  No zombie is going to pickup a hot BGE.

• BGEGP
    BGEGP Posts: 47
    Nobody had better touch my egg!   HA! HA!
  • psalzer
    psalzer Posts: 108
    edited August 2012
  • psalzer
    psalzer Posts: 108
    edited August 2012
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Press to view try this one
  • BGEGP said:
    Nobody had better touch my egg!   HA! HA!
    Yea baby! That's what I'm talkin' about!!! Sweet AR. Nice HT too :)
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • gtk10583
    gtk10583 Posts: 77
    Geez, what overkill. Zombies are taken out with a blow/bullet/chop/screwdriver/axe to the brain, does nobody watch "The Walking Dead"?.

I have wondered the same thing.  I would be carrying my 10/22, and maybe something bigger on my side.  Side note, just like Deputy Rick Grimes, here's what I carried when I was on the road.
    Ooh, nice wheel gun!  Is that a Colt Python?  When confronted by a zombie I'll pull out my Colt .38 Detective Special.
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    After careful thought, my choice for a go to gun would be my ruger 10/22. I chose it for its light weight ammo. A fully loaded 30 rd mag of 5.56 weighs about one pound. A combat load (and plenty heavy) for the trigger pullers in Afghanistan is 210 rounds or 7 fully loaded mags. I could carry 500 rounds of .22lr in my pocket.

210 rounds may sound like a lot but trust me, when the SHTF 210 goes pretty quick.

So, a ruger 10/22 with a Tapco Intrafuse stock coupled with a Weaver 2x7 scope. Lots of Buttler Creek "Steel Lips" magizines.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    gtk10583 said:
    Geez, what overkill. Zombies are taken out with a blow/bullet/chop/screwdriver/axe to the brain, does nobody watch "The Walking Dead"?.

I have wondered the same thing.  I would be carrying my 10/22, and maybe something bigger on my side.  Side note, just like Deputy Rick Grimes, here's what I carried when I was on the road.
    Ooh, nice wheel gun!  Is that a Colt Python?  When confronted by a zombie I'll pull out my Colt .38 Detective Special.
    Colt Python 6", hard chromed, Herrett Shooting Star grips.  Circa 1976.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• banjoman
    banjoman Posts: 51
    Dan Wesson RZ .45 Heritage.  Sweet 1911
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316

Squirt Gun with Tabasco inside. I would then shoot the Zombies in the eye. Never Fails

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501

I find it hard to believe (pun intended) no one owns an assault weapon.

I wonder how the media made these guns up.Never saw or read about one in any gun publication in almost 40 years.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• Howdy_Doody
    Howdy_Doody Posts: 168
    edited August 2012
    Although I own a Glock 9mm Luger, a Sig P238 .380, a Dan Wesson .357 Magnum, and a Ruger Mini 14 assault rifle, I cannot imagine using them with deadly force, unless my wife and dogs were threatened.

I have insurance for my property, and replacing those things are far more easier than replacing my conscience for killing someone.  If you walk the path of Tao, it should be intuitive.

I do enjoy target shooting with my guns.
    Dripping Springs, Texas
  • FanOfFanboys
    Although I own a Glock 9mm Luger, a Sig P238 .380, a Dan Wesson .357 Magnum, and a Ruger Mini 14 assault rifle, I cannot imagine using them with deadly force, unless my wife and dogs were threatened.

I have insurance for my property, and replacing those things are far more easier than replacing my conscience for killing someone.  If you walk the path of Tao, it should be intuitive.

I do enjoy target shooting with my guns.

I think that's most people's goal. But unfortunately there is a reason it's called self-defense. I'd gladly hand over my material possessions. Not always that easy. One of my goals is to never have to use any of my weapons on a person.
    Boom
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    +1 howdy. Some sanity right there

The way some folks talk, you'd think they were eager for the chance.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    edited August 2012
    Problem solved.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Aviator
    edited August 2012

replacing those things are far more easier than replacing my conscience for killing someone.  If you walk the path of Tao, it should be intuitive.

Have you served? deployed? to the sand box?

You would'nt know. Enjoy your freedom.

Some had to do what it took to come back to said wife and kid and dog.

Chattanooga, TN.

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    edited August 2012
    That's an expert move if you can pull it off, giving your opinion on something and then suggesting we all move on because you believe everything's been said that could be said.

:)
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • travisstrick
    @aviator he's an army vet.
  • travisstrick
    And as an infantryman who has deployed several times to both Iraq and A-Stan, I'm embarrassed. Military service and deployment to a combat zone are not required to have an opinion on self defense or the use of firearms. Gary is a solid American. I know him personally. I'd have him in my foxhole anytime.
  • Howdy_Doody
    Howdy_Doody Posts: 168
    edited August 2012
    Gary is a solid American. I know him personally. I'd have him in my foxhole anytime.
    Thank you Travis.  The same goes for you too.
    Dripping Springs, Texas
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    Gotta admit that when I saw the Howdy_Doody post I was hoping to see one of those off-the-charts recipes and pics of a cook that I could only dream about.  Perhaps next time.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Aviator
    edited August 2012

@ howdy, We are brothers then. 

:)>-

I am very passionate about service men, and trashin the Military. I have had numerous deployments, as a forward support Doc on the ground and stateside to support AW2. Yes, Its a sore spot for me.

Thanks Travis. I am a LTC,  a grunt too with a CMB. I really appreciate what you have done here.

Chattanooga, TN.