Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is this a good price for a Large?

ShadowNick
ShadowNick Posts: 533
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
$750 assembled, standard parts, no accessories.
Pentwater, MI

Comments

• ShadowNick
    Also, it's new, not used, not a demo.
    Pentwater, MI
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Depends where.. ca it is
  • mikeb9550
    mikeb9550 Posts: 95
    Here also. Seen them as high as 835.00  Been looking for one around that price here before I buy. Lowest so far is 799.00
  • Sounds pretty good. We are $799 here so that's a good deal.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Large here is $867.00 they went up recently so good deal 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Titanman
    Titanman Posts: 30
    I just purchased my large for 675.00. Thats in Western Kentucky
  • ShadowNick
    This is in Michigan
    Pentwater, MI
  • troutgeek
    troutgeek Posts: 458
    This is in Michigan
    If you tell them you're a Green Bay fan, you could probably get them down to $700! $750 sounds about right. Don't forget to get something to put it on -- a nest or table.
    XL BGE - Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber Smokey Joe
  • I paid $799, for my large here in Minneapolis, MN.  I also paid a $75 delivery & setup fee though too.  You don't have to have them deliver & set up, but I'd rather have someone who has done it multiple times set it up.
  • MikeP624
    MikeP624 Posts: 292
    Paid $799 in Chicago
  • mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    I just paid $900.00 for an XL here in the greater Portland Oregon area. However, that took some shopping around... most retailers were willing to discuss price but there were a few that were pretty firm on their prices.
    My next step was to pick up some accessories which I ordered through the ceramic grill store. Now the wait begins for the Woo2 and Rig combo set-up to arrive. I would recommend calling and talking to Tom at CGS, he was a big help. However, I'm sure there are other good options out there for the Egg. It's all new to me, but it sure is fun to get started.
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • Newville
    Newville Posts: 84
    I just paid $900.00 for an XL here in the greater Portland Oregon area. However, that took some shopping around... most retailers were willing to discuss price but there were a few that were pretty firm on their prices.
    My next step was to pick up some accessories which I ordered through the ceramic grill store. Now the wait begins for the Woo2 and Rig combo set-up to arrive. I would recommend calling and talking to Tom at CGS, he was a big help. However, I'm sure there are other good options out there for the Egg. It's all new to me, but it sure is fun to get started.
    Good luck mcmac ... looks like your off to a good start. Enjoy the journey!

• ccpoulin1
    ccpoulin1 Posts: 390

I paid $1049. for an XL with a nest and plate setter.  You really need a nest unless you already have a permanent home ready for your egg.  I really considered skipping that purchase, but i am very glad at this time i got it.

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

• Here also. Seen them as high as 835.00  Been looking for one around that price here before I buy. Lowest so far is 799.00
    Got mine for $799.00. Then I started adding everything else, total $1,200.00
  • smokediver
    smokediver Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    I just purchasd my large egg for 639 plus tax at mountain craft in warm springs, Ga
  • Newbbqer
    Newbbqer Posts: 78
    My large, with plate setter and nest was close to 1200.00
  • mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Good luck mcmac ... looks like your off to a good start. Enjoy the journey!

I passed on the nest as I am planning to build a table to house the Egg. I really want to have a little larger space to stage the food before and after grill time. This is going to be my project for the next 10 days or so! Can wait to get it completed.... Grilling at knee cap level would not be a whole lot of fun.
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • antixian
    antixian Posts: 1
    i got an awesome deal from elite appliance in dallas, tx - got the large bge package for 899+tax+50 for shipping (i'm local). This consisted of

LHDA - Large Heavy Duty Big Green Egg
    NEST-L - Nest for LHDA Big Green Egg
    EML - EGG Mate Shelves (2) for LHDA
    PSL - Plate Setter for Large EGG
    FS24 - Instant Fire Starter for Big Green Egg
    GG - Grill Gripper for Big Green Egg
    AT - Ash Tool for Large EGG
    CP - BGE Premium Natural Charcoal (20 lb / 9.07 kg)
    here's a link to the site
  • allitnils
    allitnils Posts: 109
    I paid $2000 for my large on a nest.
    Unassembled.

Just saying.
  • My large, with plate setter and nest was close to 1200.00
    My total came to more than this, after adding in two bags of charcoal, ash tool, deluxe cover, plate setter, nest & stone I came in at just over $1300, I also got over $200 in incentives from the store I purchased it from.  2 free cooking classes up to $75, and a free $75 gift card to the store.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Shop the local dealers.  I hear you don't inherit the warranty (does anyone know how they know who bough it first?).  Haggle.  Insist on free delivery (that's when you'll break it).
    Shop the local dealers.  I hear you don't inherit the warranty (does anyone know how they know who bough it first?).  Haggle.  Insist on free delivery (that's when you'll break it).
    Never mind, I didn't notice it's a new egg.
  • I just paid $900.00 for an XL here in the greater Portland Oregon area. However, that took some shopping around... most retailers were willing to discuss price but there were a few that were pretty firm on their prices.

McMac - where in Portland did you get your egg from?  That's a much better deal than what I've been quoted here in Salem.  Currently using a MBGE and looking for a bit more room.
    Large BGE & mini stepchild & a KJ Jr.
    The damp PNW 
  • I'm in Canada and the prices are much higher.  I even considered buying in PA since my parents live near Pittsburgh but I can't have the warranty in Canada.  The large is about $1100 north of the border.  The includes nothing (not assembly or delivery).

Cheers

• mtasker
    mtasker Posts: 88
    i'm in decatur, al.  bought a large egg, nest, cover, bag of charcoal, looft lighter for 1050 plus tax.
  • I was just in my local egg store to pick up some Dizzy Pig stuff and they had their large for $679 and the nest for $119. The plate setter was $56. 
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • 899 in florida...large with nest, wood shelves, large bag of fuel, ash tool, assembled and delivered.  Than another 50 bucks for plate setter...why does BGE not include the plate setter as part of the unit???
  • @Eggbertsdad.... where is this store?
    In Coral Springs, FL...near Boca/ Ft. Laud. 
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • I just got a new large for $ 639.
  • Wow, why the big difference from Canada?