Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey you. Yes, you lurkers who are not posting.

Comments

• 100$ bet cuzz you used the words "say" you've lived in Wisconsin and Texas before. :)

so am I wrong?
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    I dont think I am Lurking but Cruising.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    I post only often enough to deflect suspicion.  Otherwise, I open all threads multiple times to collect data for my thesis.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    I've found that if I lurk, I don't learn. If I ask questions or comment, I learn new techniques in comparison to mine.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited July 2012
    You're doing a great job, keep it up!

=))

+1 :ar!
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• WickedIsland
    WickedIsland Posts: 153
    Guilty! Have been afraid to talk about my cooks b/c I use an iPad and haven't gotten the pic attaching thing down ("No pics = didn't happen). Trust me... It's happening! Three weeks in and loving it. No low and slows yet but hopefully soon. O, and about the Wicked Good Weekend Worroir... It's burns WICKED HOT! BGE lump was small and I can get Wicked down the street so figured with all the recent reviews I had to try it. I feel like I am learning how to use the egg all over again. That's some big lump
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362

I will say of the forums I have joined, this is the ONLY forum that I will post on. All other forums, everyone bashes everyone. If someone does get a little off, others will remind that person. I LOVE this forum and is the only one I will post on because of that.

If you do post your cooks, others may add an idea that will make your cooking even better win/ win.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• ribnrun
    ribnrun Posts: 174
    I enjoy lurking. I only post if I feel I have something pointed to contribute, or have been drinking. Curse you 1 hour edit restriction!
  • Newbbqer
    Newbbqer Posts: 78
    I just joined a few days ago! Look forward to learning and participating in this forum. I haven't even put lump in my egg yet! I know, what am I waiting for. Hopefully tomorrow, just been too HOT!
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Hey Travis, a whole week now without a BGE cook.  Vacation is hell.  At my daughter's wedding reception today I found a relative of the groom owned a XL and lurks here, he swore he would start posting :-)

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Guilty! Have been afraid to talk about my cooks b/c I use an iPad and haven't gotten the pic attaching thing down ("No pics = didn't happen). Trust me... It's happening! Three weeks in and loving it. No low and slows yet but hopefully soon. O, and about the Wicked Good Weekend Worroir... It's burns WICKED HOT! BGE lump was small and I can get Wicked down the street so figured with all the recent reviews I had to try it. I feel like I am learning how to use the egg all over again. That's some big lump

Photobucket and use HTML for iPad. Just did this on iPad. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002

I will say of the forums I have joined, this is the ONLY forum that I will post on. All other forums, everyone bashes everyone. If someone does get a little off, others will remind that person. I LOVE this forum and is the only one I will post on because of that.

If you do post your cooks, others may add an idea that will make your cooking even better win/ win.

I totally agree. I have signed up on a few other forums dealing with guns and knifes and outdoor skills and this is the only one I post on or even follow. We have a heck of a good crew on here. I have met many of the members in person and they are all just as they seem. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • WickedIsland

Photobucket and use HTML for iPad. Just did this on iPad. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Thanks, Photobucket finally let me join. I will try this
  • ncbbq
    ncbbq Posts: 257
    don't like to look stupid
    I've never been known to let that slow me down, ha ha.

Way to call them out travis and welcome to the club new guys. The more the merrier.
  • Vitaman
    Vitaman Posts: 46
    Somewhat guilty. I've only posted a few times but have learned a ton over the last few months. Made some ribs last week and my kids said they were the best they've ever had. So keep up the good work everyone. I really appreciate everyone's input.
    Jeff
  • ORTHODAWG
    ORTHODAWG Posts: 18
    I am a long time lurker.  Will post some pics of my finished table soon.  Also made the best ribs ever using the modified turbo rib technique with foil for an hour.  They were fall off the bone and had excellent flavor.  I know I need to post pics or it didn't happen so give me a few to figure it out. 
  • WickedIsland
    Pic test, Wicked Good lump Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
  • tactical_66
    tactical_66 Posts: 207
    I cooked country ribs today. First time and they were a hit at my buddies house. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533

Pic test, Wicked Good lump
    Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

i have a chunk of lump longer than my forearm lol, best of west has huge pieces.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited July 2012
    Gosh darnit...you caught me!! I've been lurking for months and gathering a bunch of great info. Thanks guys! The egg is awesome and your info combined with the eggs ease of use has made me such a better cook!! 

ABTs - So flavorful and they just flew off the plate!! Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Beer can chicken - evoo and dizzy dust. So juicy!!
      Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos 

Filet mignon - S&P pulled when thermapen read 202 Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Pepperoni pizza - they didn't even let me cut it and just tore into it!! Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Teriyaki wings - omg...these were a big hit. Nom noms Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Caz, you are the main offender. Cook 6 spatchcock and 2 briskets and go and sin no more.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Gosh darnit...you caught me!! I've been lurking for months and gathering a bunch of great info. Thanks guys! The egg is awesome and your info combined with the eggs ease of use has made me such a better cook!! 

ABTs - So flavorful and they just flew off the plate!! Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Beer can chicken - evoo and dizzy dust. So juicy!!
      Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos 

Filet mignon S&P pulled when thermapen read 202 Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Pepperoni pizza - they didn't even let me cut it and just tore into it!! Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Teriyaki wings - omg...these were a big hit. Nom noms Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

=))
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    Anyone wonder how you get lump charcoal?
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ellis
    Ellis Posts: 195
    Be lurking, hey Cap I just think Cazzy needs  flash for camera.
  • Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Lurking my ass. Ribs baby.
  • Browninggold
    Browninggold Posts: 453
    100$ bet cuzz you used the words "say" you've lived in Wisconsin and Texas before. :)

so am I wrong? Your right-how about me?
  • waltinva
    waltinva Posts: 36
    I really appreciate all the advice and techniques shared here. I will chime in more. Thanks, Walt
  • CGW1
    CGW1 Posts: 332
    @travis- I have forum also off my website, and it's so slow crawling but yet there's many views and I'm more than sure it's all lurkers. Our forum is open to all ceramic and wood fired brick oven users. I totally get what your saying and its a bit frustrating.
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com
  • ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    edited July 2012
    Anyone wonder how you get lump charcoal?
    I think Cazzy creates his own, by simply burning whatever is being cooked.  X_X

Reminds me of the "burnt offerings" thread...
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)