Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy Pig

Comments

• bleacht
    bleacht Posts: 2
    The first time I had a burger with Swamp Venom I had an orgasm in my mouth. Seriously.
  • I had never heard of Dizzy Pig until reading this thread.  I just placed an order for dizzy dust, cow lick, swamp venom & the sampler so I can try the others as well.  
  • Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Used the DP and it was great on the burgers. Sorry no finished pitchure because as soon as they were off the grill the girls attacked them. I have to say I'm not a huge fan of burgers, but dang they were good. DP sent me a few samples, Tsunami Spin and Raging River Rub can't wait to try them. Cen-Tex based on your review I got to try the Swamp Venom. Thanks for the comments.
  • I had never heard of Dizzy Pig until reading this thread.  I just placed an order for dizzy dust, cow lick, swamp venom & the sampler so I can try the others as well.  
    Sweet!
  • Rubmyrock
    Rubmyrock Posts: 266
    Ordering mine tomorrow. Can't wait to try some of these...
  • Heck DP should give me a discount for the buisness I helped send there way. Who would have thought this thread would get this many comments? Thanks to everyone :D
  • Rubmyrock
    Heck DP should give me a discount for the buisness I helped send there way. Who would have thought this thread would get this many comments? Thanks to everyone :D

No doubt. They should give you a commission based on my order alone. I'm planning on filling the pantry.
  • Heck DP should give me a discount for the buisness I helped send there way. Who would have thought this thread would get this many comments? Thanks to everyone :D

No doubt. They should give you a commission based on my order alone. I'm planning on filling the pantry.
    This stuff is not cheap but now I know why. Boy my wife freaked when I bought 1 qt size. I can only imagine filling the pantry. Weeks worth of pay, but oh so good.
  • Rubmyrock
    Maybe that was an exaggeration but I'll drop at least $100 tomorrow. Thanks for the recommendation.
  • CGW1
    CGW1 Posts: 332
    I don't think the new ones are available yet??
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com
  • michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    Filling the pantry would be thousands lol, I went through $100 in DP in my first month of egg ownership.

Next order will certainly last longer. But it will be a $500 order, as others have said, it is worth it when you compare the cost to make your own. Also as cen-tex said, it is not likely to match their ratios and level of perfection.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• Wow! Just signed on from my laptop while on the road. Thanks to hopkinsusmc87 for having the faith to order a quart from the gitgo. And to everyone else for your comments and support. It has been a wild 10 years, and it is an incredible feeling to have a product that people appreciate. Thanks so much!

Bombay Curry-ish and Fajita-ish will be available as early as next week, as soon as the labels come in. Our first batch is already bottled!

Thanks again y'all, and hope to meet some of you at Eggtoberfest. Happy cookin.
    Chris
    Awesome. Sign me up for both!
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I went for broke and ordered 11 different 8oz DD flavors.  I just got them in the mail about an hour ago.
    I screwed up and only ordered three....shoulda known better!
  • ncbbq
    ncbbq Posts: 257
    Chris,

I enjoy your products. Keep up the good work.
  • Wow! Just signed on from my laptop while on the road. Thanks to hopkinsusmc87 for having the faith to order a quart from the gitgo. And to everyone else for your comments and support. It has been a wild 10 years, and it is an incredible feeling to have a product that people appreciate. Thanks so much!

Bombay Curry-ish and Fajita-ish will be available as early as next week, as soon as the labels come in. Our first batch is already bottled!

Thanks again y'all, and hope to meet some of you at Eggtoberfest. Happy cookin.

Chris
    Shoot after reading what everyone was saying about DP it was no question as to ordering the 1QT size. As many have said they ordered a few different ones but my wife would have kicked my butt! DP has built a large cult following and that is because you provide an outstanding product and the process time is outstanding as well.  What more can we ask for, other than more Dizzy Dust. 
    :D
  • AleBrewer
    AleBrewer Posts: 555
     Guess you brew ale? Just a hunch. BTW, I just finished a Lagunitas Lil Sumpin. Delicious.

Happy cookin.
    Chris
    Good Hunch! Have never tried the Lil Sumpin, I think I have a Pale Ale of theirs though.

I was going to order a few rubs from somebody else, when I saw DP getting rave reviews around here.....glad I tried them, and I will be ordering more!
  • 150 you say? Outstanding I now have a goal!  But based on the recommendation from the vast majority I’ll be ordering some other rubs soon. Thanks for a great product! <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

^:)^
  • I am so amazed, DP e-mailed me and stated "Your post brought about some of our newest and favorite testimonials". I love this company. I was talking about the price so they want to send me some stuff to offset the shipping cost. What company does that? I tell you what they have won me forever. Truley word class!
    To all the folks that commented on this thread I say thanks. Being a egghead has been a blast and you folks are a big part of this amazing journey called Egging! Thank you.
  • AleBrewer
    AleBrewer Posts: 555
    Hey...that's great!

Great rubs, and great customer service....hard to beat!
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    I bought the 8 oz Dizzy Pig and two rib cooks later I was ordering the 32 oz.  I've owned an egg for 15 years, but just heard about DP when I joined this forum a few weeks ago.  I've used a bunch of really good rubs, a few not so good, but none were as good (for my taste) as the Dizzy Dust.
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Look at that!

She's a beaut, Clark!!!
    Great stuff!

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    What is best way to find dizzy pig at retail store?

Ill be driving through ohio and indiana to chicago for couple sales appts, and hoping to find retail stop during my travels.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • NDG said:

What is best way to find dizzy pig at retail store?

Ill be driving through ohio and indiana to chicago for couple sales appts, and hoping to find retail stop during my travels.

You can go on the web site and do a search Punch in your zip code and it will bring up the stores that carry it. I'm in BFE SD so no retail store.
  • tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    I did wings tonight with Jamaican Firewalk, Swamp Venom, Tsunami Spin, and Shakin' the Tree. It seems Tsunami always works it's way to the top when we do taste tests. We love Firewalk as well and I literally threw away a new can of Tony's when I tasted Swamp Venom again tonight. Shakin' the tree?........I can live without it. Not bad, but not spectacular
    how does the heat compare from swamp venom to tony's in your opinion?  im a huge tonys fan but the wife cant take the heat so im leary to try the swamp venom
  • Rubmyrock
    Got some of mine ordered today. Can't wait unt this weekend by the pool with some summer shandy and copious amounts of red meat...

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • LizzieSamps
    LizzieSamps Posts: 894
    Alright, this is getting ridiculous! I thought the egg was pricey, but now all the things you need to go with it, this week alone! Oh well, it's all worth it! I want some of these rubs! I did find it locally at JJ's Backyard, is it better to order online?
  • ncbbq
    ncbbq Posts: 257
    @LizzieSamps, I would say if you can get it local that would be better. I think it was like $10 shipping when I recently ordered 4 8oz shakers. That is basically the cost of another shaker. You may have to order if you want to try ones they don't stock. Shipping sucks these days with fuel costs and all.
  • I did wings tonight with Jamaican Firewalk, Swamp Venom, Tsunami Spin, and Shakin' the Tree. It seems Tsunami always works it's way to the top when we do taste tests. We love Firewalk as well and I literally threw away a new can of Tony's when I tasted Swamp Venom again tonight. Shakin' the tree?........I can live without it. Not bad, but not spectacular
    how does the heat compare from swamp venom to tony's in your opinion?  im a huge tonys fan but the wife cant take the heat so im leary to try the swamp venom
    Well, the flavor of swamp venom blows Tony's so far out of the water it's not even fair to compare them. SV does have some heat though. I just went down and tasted it out of the bottle. If she does not like heat, you better steer clear
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX