Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happy 4th what ya cooking?

Options
13»

Comments

• Fly310
    Fly310 Posts: 13
    Options
    10 Lb Packer for My Step son, his Girl and me & my wife.  Turned out GREAT!
  • Serial Griller
    Serial Griller Posts: 1,186
    Options

Happy 4th to everyone.

NOT COOKING.FIRE BAN IN COLORADO DUE TO WILD FIRE DANGER.

• hopkinsusmc87
    hopkinsusmc87 Posts: 250
    edited July 2012
    Options

Happy 4th to everyone.

NOT COOKING.FIRE BAN IN COLORADO DUE TO WILD FIRE DANGER.

</ bummer. That includes the egg? Boy you would think it would be ok, its one of the safest grills on the market.

• COegger
    COegger Posts: 58
    Options
    Another Coloradan here NOT COOKING.  All charcoal grills are banned.  Smoke is so thick from Wyoming fire we can't see the mountains, health advisory posted - and no fireworks.  A strange holiday for us...
  • hopkinsusmc87
    Options
    Another Coloradan here NOT COOKING.  All charcoal grills are banned.  Smoke is so thick from Wyoming fire we can't see the mountains, health advisory posted - and no fireworks.  A strange holiday for us...
    Sorry to hear that, and I'm sure it won't be the same without grilling and fireworks. You will have to make up for the lost time when conditions improve. Take care.
  • hopkinsusmc87
    Options
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos All done and pulled. It was great and now I'm a slug in my easy chair. I want to say thanks to everyone who shared what they were cooking today. It was great to see all the different styles of food and how it was prepared. Enjoy the remainder on the 4th and take care.
  • Airwolf
    Airwolf Posts: 76
    Options
    I cooked my finger removing the plate setter when I was switching from doing a baked tater to searing some steaks, that count?
  • hopkinsusmc87
    Options
    I cooked my finger removing the plate setter when I was switching from doing a baked tater to searing some steaks, that count?
    no finger doesn't count. I'm sure it hurt like hell. Hope it wasn't to bad.

• Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Options
    @ Brownie-looks like a winner and hopefully the stress level reduced over time.  Enjoy the fruits of your labor-Happy B'day USA!
    It was more anticipation than stress. Thanks for your advice. BTW everyone at the party (I liked it too) raved about it.