Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Does your partner/significant other use the Egg?

Comments

• brentsee
    brentsee Posts: 99

I cook on the egg 100% of the time.  Wife will assist with wrapping food in tin foil, getting serving dishes, running to get me this or that, preping veggies etc, but best of all she always cleans up my mess - and I appreciate that. ( I do help sometimes)

• JerkChicken
    JerkChicken Posts: 551
    My wife couldn't light a match let alone the egg!
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • Rich_ie
    Rich_ie Posts: 268
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    My wife leaves it to me. I showed her how to light it, but that was the extent of her eggsperience.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • spotco2
    spotco2 Posts: 61
    My wife bought it for me and sat in the shade watching as I assembled it. She also brings home random chunks of protein and tells me to cook it.

That's about the extent of her touching the egg.
  • Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    My wife will light mine for me when she's hungry and I'm on my way home. Other than that she doesn't cook on it.
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • Howdy_Doody
    Howdy_Doody Posts: 168
    My wife likes to grill on "her" mini, but has no interest in cooking things on the large or medium.
    Dripping Springs, Texas
  • Once my wife got over her fear of flashbacks, she started to occasionally cook burgers on the egg.

Overall...I've cooked 80-90% of our dinners on the egg since getting it in April.  She absolutely loves the fact that she is not cooking dinner much any more.  Prior to the egg...most of our dinners were cooked indoors, by her. (Big..big difference !) 

I don't think she will venture into the low and slows. Maybe at some point steaks and chicken.
  • Yea right, that is a good one. My wife cook, heck no.  I do 90% of the cooking in the house and the wife loves it that way.  I do too!  LOL
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053

Before the eggs, I cooked on the gasser 3 to 4 nights per week and she cooked using the oven or stove the other nights. Since we brought home the 1st egg on March 6th, she has cooked twice - my favorite chili recipe both times.  She says she enjoys my cooking and has no interest in lighting or cooking on either of our eggs.  However, she keeps our home spotless, puts up with me, tells everyone how great of a cook I am, and brings me drinks; so I have no problem with doing the cooking.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• Newportlocal
    Newportlocal Posts: 474
    I do 99% of the cooking in my house and like how the food turns out. She does make the guacamole. Earlier in our relationship she was cooking and the stove caught on fire and was burning up the wall. I still love to tease her about it occasionally. I came home from work to the fire dept. putting it out. I found the cat after a long search in a cabinet at the other end of the house. The cat actually shut himself in the cabinet.
  • Baysidebob
    Baysidebob Posts: 489
    No no no no no!  It's mine, all mine!  I can't say that about much around the house but cooking outdoors is MINE.
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    Nope,only that which it produces...
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • newegg13
    newegg13 Posts: 231
    Taught the wife how to light it and regulate the temp. tonight.  Cooking is next.  Baby steps!
    Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown. Birmingham, AL
  • TexAg87
    TexAg87 Posts: 22
    I've only had mine a few weeks, but so far only I have cooked on it. I don't expect that will change. We work together on prep sometimes, but she has enjoyed the change to routine eating brought on by the addition of the egg. Only a matter of time until the 2nd egg takes up residence on the deck...
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    We both are eggers.  
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • horseflesh
    horseflesh Posts: 206
    She sears. I BBQ. It's a good arrangement. 
  • Hubby bought it for me, I cook on it for him. It's the perfect arrangement. Nobody touches my eggy but me other than to roll it on and off of the screened porch. My egg is the best gift he ever gave me and I'm sure he feels the same!
    "If you have the means, I highly recommend it." - Ferris Bueller
  • tnbarbq
    tnbarbq Posts: 248
    I am the eggmaster of my house.
    Scooter 
    Mid TN. Hangin' in the 'Boro. MIM Judge
  • I just shared the basics of this post with my wife. Her comment was...."I wouldn't even know how to light that thing". Ok, I'm gonna give her a hall pass on the "that thing" reference. Once. :-j
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • My wife does not like all the smoke at start up. it makes you stink and she hates it!! :) so, I do all the cooking on the Egg.
    Brandon, MS
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    My wife doesn't like the dirty lump so no Egg for her, she will use the Weber though.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    edited January 2013
    Since I last posted I've actually come home from work to find the Mrs and my son smiling next to a warming egg.

So proud. :)>-
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Bridget is a natural chef.  She has an innate sense of taste and a mastery of pairing spices, textures and courses.  I'm not so shabby in the kitchen, although my methodology is sons of anarchy and chaos, and bold, burn-a-fistula levels of heat, that I tone down for her sake.

But, as much as I try, she defers egg operation to me.  But it's all good.  We share the cooking 50/50 and work as a team.
    My wife uses the egg. Not as a utensil of cooking, but as a weapon. She can guilt me into anything.
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,821
    My wife will but my significant other won't. My girlfriend is on the fence about it.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    td66snrf said:

My wife will but my significant other won't. My girlfriend is on the fence about it.

What about your babymama?
  • Hashmaker
    Hashmaker Posts: 149
    I've been with my wife for 22 years now and she's maybe cooked 10 meals in that time. She's not allowed to touch "My Egg"! I do all the planning, shopping, prepping and cooking but the best part about all of this is, she does the cleaning! It works well for us. It is interesting to see so many men that do all the cooking.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    My wife uses the egg. Not as a utensil of cooking, but as a weapon. She can guilt me into anything.
    ...so you're saying the egg is like sex?  :D  A weapon of domination and control?
    She works, I'm retired. She says" "I bring home the bacon, you cook it."
    Truth is I like to cook and have the time for it so it works out all the way 'round.
    If you don't think too good, don't think too much.

Afton, VA