Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My table is finally home and egged! (lots of pics)

Options
cazzy
cazzy Posts: 9,136
edited April 2012 in EGG Table Forum
My redwood/cedar table is complete and finally egged. :D Overall, i'm very happy with the results and and super eager to get some cooks done.  I will replace the utensil hooks as I don't like the double-hook I picked out.  

Hidden cutting board

Hot drawer

Plenty for storage space for my 16" Wokshop Carbon Steel wok.  Thanks Gary and Mickey for letting us know how great The Wok Shop is!!

Custom iron egg stands

Ash shoot

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....

Comments

• Mike8it
    Mike8it Posts: 468
    Options
    That is a hell of a nice table!!!
  • cazzy
    Options
    Thanks Mike!! I'm excited to get the eggs fired up!
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Wow! Drop Dead Gorgeous !! Nicely Done. Colour is nice as well.Enjoy it. Are those eggs, Xl and L??
    Large, small, and a mini
  • cazzy
    Options
    @smokesniffer

Thanks!  Large and Small eggs! 
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    Sweet that is the combo I am wanting, I have the large and am gearing up to get a small as well. Want to take the small camping and tailgating. How do you like the combo?? Is the small carrying it's fair share of the cook?
    Large, small, and a mini
  • cazzy
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I've only had one cook (3.5 lb spatchcock chicken) on the small and I loved it !  The combo is going to be perfect for dual temp egging.  I already envision myself searing on the small egg and moving the steaks over to a stabilized egg to finish the at a 400 degree roasting temp.  I also think the small egg will be adequate for the majority of our weekday cooks.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    Beautiful table, Cazzy!  (love the ogee route around the hole openings!)

You guys who build a really nice table out of wood like this; do you wheel them under cover during storms, or cover them up with something, or leave them out in the elements?  Since I started wokking on my Small I'm thinking of building a table myself, but wonder about the exposure to the elements issue...

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options
    Wow, beautifully done, and planned out. Love the hidden cutting board, and hot drawer! 

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • cazzy
    Options
    @Botch Right now, it's covered with a tarp when not in use.  I have initiated conversation with Coverworks for a custom cover.

The route around the opening is my fav too!!  
  • NightwingXP
    NightwingXP Posts: 448
    Options
    I'm speechless Cazzy! This is the standard for any table I will build or buy in the future! Where did you get the custom egg stands under the Eggs? I need to get my hands on one for a medium AND that ash shoot! Too good! Congrats!!! Beautiful!!

:x
    Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Caz, who did the custom stands? I need one for my XL real bad. You think he will do one and ship it to my neck of the woods? BTW, I really like your table. Well done.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • OLD NORTH STATE BBQ CO.
    Options
    Unreal. Seriously, one of the best set-ups I've seen.

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Also, unseasoned wok= MEGA FAIL. I expect more from you.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • cazzy
    Options
    Lmao!! My wok came when my eggs were not available to me.
  • cazzy
    Options
    Thanks for the compliments guys.  For folks who didn't follow my "Sneak Preview" thread, I did not make this.  Daryn with Mandarin Studios created the design based off my wish list and built the table,

@NightwingXP and @travisstrick  I will get with the blacksmith that created my design and let you know soon.  I prepared him that these might be a hit over paver stones...he'll probably be a believer soon.
  • SandBilly
    SandBilly Posts: 227
    Options
    Very nice. I'm too messy to have something that nice..
  • Alligator
    Alligator Posts: 35
    Options
    Wow, awesome table.  Very elegant and professional.
  • jay75
    jay75 Posts: 153
    Options
    Yea that's one nice table you got there!
  • JEC23
    JEC23 Posts: 131
    Options
    That's one of the nicest well designed tables I've seen, I hope you enjoy it
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Great looking table, Caz.  I'm especially interested in your chute.  How much would your blacksmith charge for a Large?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Smoker_Guru
    Smoker_Guru Posts: 372
    Options
    That is one awesome table!!! But i would be worried about the heat transfer from the egg to the table with the steel egg stands. Goning to bet you will have burn marks after your first high temp cook...
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    Woof!!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• cazzy
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Great looking table, Caz.  I'm especially interested in your chute.  How much would your blacksmith charge for a Large?

As soon as he figures out the pricing, I'll let you and everyone else know.
  • cazzy
    Options
    That is one awesome table!!! But i would be worried about the heat transfer from the egg to the table with the steel egg stands. Goning to bet you will have burn marks after your first high temp cook...

During my test burns @ 700 degrees, the feet and the surface directly under the egg were cool to touch. The brace under the egg is a cross pattern which allows plenty of air flow. In addition, the iron is pretty thick so it likely has a lot of area to disperse the heat.

BGE has a table nest with much thinner steel so I'd imagine they have done there research with the concept too.

I'll pull out my thermapen next cook get stats for everyone.
  • navyav8tr
    Options
    Beautiful table! Well done!
  • Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Options
    Beautiful and well thought out table! Well done.  :-bd
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Wow. Nicest I have seen yet. Is it going in your formal living room?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • cazzy
    Options
    Wow. Nicest I have seen yet. Is it going in your formal living room?

Lol...Go BIG or Go HOME I guess! I am from Texas afterall.
  • XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    Options

awesome table!

i just bought all my lumber this weekend to build mine... it's gonna look like a redheaded step child next to that thing!

very nice!

• Bjorg
    Bjorg Posts: 241
    Options
    Beauty full and functional table, good job! I just got my IPE wood myself as well. This is a fun project. 

Quebec - Canada