Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The time has come...

Options
Bobby-Q
Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
to figure out where you want to be.

I agree completely with Vidalia1 and DrZaius. Everyone just needs to figure out where they belong. If you love this forum and it's new format then carry on posting about your cooks, your fest adventures, and ask and answer all the questions you want. If there is something specific that you do not like about this forum software then please just send an e-mail to the appropriate party. I think every possible issue with this forum has been explained in detail by angry posters to satisfy everyone who is concerned.

If you have decided that you no longer like BGE you should take a step back and see what is really happening. The owner of the company, Ed Fisher, made a decision to make a change in the management of BGE. As a result of that some changes are happening and have happened. The product itself has not changed, your local dealer has not changed (which can be good or bad in itself ). The companies that distribute BGE's all over the country and support your local dealers have not changed. There have been changes at BGE corporate that really only affected less than 1/4 of the entire staff and everyone else is still there working very hard. Everyone at BGE who's job it is to care about the EGGheads still does care.

It was a total luxury to have a company that was very involved in it's user base for as long and as much as BGE did. They are still involved with us as much as they can and still be able to do their jobs to keep the product rolling out the doors.

If anyone has the right to stand up on a big box of soap and let it fly it would be me and 3 other friends of mine, but I'm not doing that and neither are they. I have been on a little box of soap for a while but I have gotten that out of my system and have moved on. You see if you just look around you can tell that the sky is not falling, the world does not stop at the end of your street, and if you apply a small flame to some dry lump charcoal in your EGG®and give it some air it will light and burn and cook you some amazing food.

I challenge everyone who is not happy with this forum to go out and look at the alternatives and pick what makes them happiest. When you do pick a forum I challenge you again to spend your energy cooking a new recipe and taking pictures of it then learn how to post those pictures on your particular flavor of forum instead of complaining about how much you don't like this one.

This forum is not your job, it is here for you to enjoy.

Comments

• Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    Great post, Bobby!
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Thanks Bobby. I was happy to even have Forum to learn and teach on. Now I've got three, including yours.

Spring "More To Share" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning Bobby:

Very well said.

I will be spending most of my time on the original forum (for posting and maintaining contact with EggHead friends), but will probably view this one occasionally. Just more comfortable with the original format...so to each his or her own.

Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• cookingdude555
    Options
    I like two forums, hell I am a member of several others. There are eggheads on almost all the bbq forums. Its all good. Not sure why many thought the old one was the only forum with egg people on it anyway. Egg on brothers and sisters.
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    Very well said Bobby.
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Very well said Bobby, and as you said if anyone should have reason to be sour grapes you hold it. I have not posted since my warm welcome from masswineguy and had written this forum off after a few days due to the bickering and nastiness. I will lurk as this group is to talented to miss out on anything that is posted in only one forum.... with that we simply all loose.... I like the old one and most of my friends are there so that works for me.
  • Davekatz
    Davekatz Posts: 763
    Options
    @Bobby-Q - thanks for putting things in a different light. People can choose to view the new forum as a replacement/challenger/abomination of the old site, or they can view it as a new BGE site as an additional resource full of opportunities.

It doesn't seem like the old site is going away anytime soon. I would be fine with a couple of BGE forums. Heck, the more the merrier.

Do each of the sites have issues I'd like to see resolved - sure, but that's something that needs to be voiced to the appropriate people in a respectful way, not as a bunch of unorganized bitching.
    Food & Fire - The carnivorous ramblings of a gluten-free grill geek.
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Here, here Bobby....I agree whole heartedly.... :)
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i totally agree with you bobby!! and i hope to run into you soon

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Gandy Dancer
    Options

Thank you Bobby. Now may we can get on with egging.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Just glad to be here. When the dust settles, I hope the vast majority of threads here are about cooking and techniques.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• FSM-Meatball
    Options
    Well said, thanks. I can only hope that the people choosing to post here will carry over the friendly and helpful atmosphere from the old forum.

Personally, I plan to cross post on both forums, we need to give this format a chance and do everything we can to build a good community.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,094
    Options
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Man this really did used to be a much friendlier place.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,094
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Man this really did used to be a much friendlier place.
    It did.  It was.  It will never ever be again.  As soon as the 2nd member joined, it went to h3ll in a handbasket.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Which are the guys that went to start KJ?