Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Well…it only took me 15 years to figure this out 🤦‍♂️

If you have an Adjustable Rig R&B combo, the stacked oval grids (2) make the perfect air gap for a drip pan. I was rolling up yet another set of foil rods today to use as an air gap and somehow this thought just popped into my head. Took long enough…

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,180
    Almost like it was designed that way!  Pretty sweet setup.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 23,130
    Almost like it was designed that way!  Pretty sweet setup.
    I’m sure it was and I didn’t figure it out for 15 years haha. 
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,344
    I've had the AR for years and also never realized that usage.  Thank you.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,044
    Nobody reads the manual any more.
    Not a felon
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,045
    Legume said:
    There’s a manual?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,044
    Legume said:
    There’s a manual?
    Sorry, was thinking of rutland gaskets
    Not a felon
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,612
    That might have been the first thing i did with mine.  I love that feature!  I was thinking that there was NOTHING I could teach YOU about egging.  I was wrong.  Sorry for not sharing!  To have those 15 years back. . . 

This post is also quite a tease.  No protein shown.  No hints as to what you are cooking is given.  It is always something spectacular.  

I actually thought of you yesterday as I witnessed a parking deal go down.  Cars with open trunks and open coolers and cash being exchanged.  Unknown product wrapped in white butcher paper was transferred.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    kl8ton said:
    That might have been the first thing i did with mine.  I love that feature!  I was thinking that there was NOTHING I could teach YOU about egging.  I was wrong.  Sorry for not sharing!  To have those 15 years back. . . 

This post is also quite a tease.  No protein shown.  No hints as to what you are cooking is given.  It is always something spectacular.  

I actually thought of you yesterday as I witnessed a parking deal go down.  Cars with open trunks and open coolers and cash being exchanged.  Unknown product wrapped in white butcher paper was transferred.
    I miss those days. My meat guy went dark on me and then I moved 3 hrs away. I think I weirded him out with how much I was buying haha.

stay tuned for the cook. It’s a fun one. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,180
    I don’t have an AR.  However I have occasionally set a foil half pan on the grate, then set another grate directly on the half-tray and then protein right on that.  Doesn’t have as nice of an air gap, but it does work well.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,547
    I don't have the above setup.  Old platesetter, PSWOO and extender for LBGE.  I have always used 3 SS nuts to gap the drip pan off the platesetter on the LBGE and same setup with the CGS Woo and circular stone on the SBGE.  Just gap the drip pan.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Legume said:
    Legume said:
    There’s a manual?
    Sorry, was thinking of rutland gaskets
    Definitely a manual for that. Hope you like getting yelled at. 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,596
    I wish he would hurry back and yell at someone... missing that....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"