Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tres Leche Cake (with recipe)

Options
Was going to post this on the Chef’ing Dr. thread, but am mindful of recent member feedback regarding the absence of standalone posts. 

As the name implies, this is a cake that incorporates milk in three forms. It is light and is neither too sweet nor too rich. I am not a dessert guy and I ADORE this cake. It was made for a family member’s birthday many years back. At that time, they raved about it, so it is being made again today in honour of their 70th.

While I’d love to say it’s mine, my partner, the resident pastry chef of the household, gets the credit on this one. I threw the berries on, but my berry distribution did not receive a positive appraisal.  

The recipe is found below. As with most Ricardo recipes, it is simple and fool-proof. If you are the tiniest bit curious, you should make it. 

Pics below. No cross-cut, as we’ll be in the midst of festivities. 

Thanks for looking. 

Comments