Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Birthday Brisket With Smoked Duck And Andouille Gumbo

Options
Why not, it’s my birthday and 24 people are coming over for dinner.

Southeast Louisiana
3 Larges, Rockin W Smokers Gravity Fed Unit, KBQ, Shirley Fabrication 24 x 36, Teppanyaki Stainless Griddle 

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Sounds like quite the feast!  My invitation must have gotten lost in the mail 😂
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,536
    Options
    I was thinking the same as @JohnInCarolina.  Quite a spread right there.  Which rig is cooking the briskets?
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Money_Hillbilly
    Options
    @lousubcap Big gravity unit.  I still haven’t smoked a brisket on the Shirley.  I had planned to use it for this cook but with too much going on timing was a major issue.  As you well know stick burners require 100% attention.

Southeast Louisiana
    3 Larges, Rockin W Smokers Gravity Fed Unit, KBQ, Shirley Fabrication 24 x 36, Teppanyaki Stainless Griddle 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @lousubcap Big gravity unit.  I still haven’t smoked a brisket on the Shirley.  I had planned to use it for this cook but with too much going on timing was a major issue.  As you well know stick burners require 100% attention.

No shame in that.  I love the look of your gravity unit - that is a beautiful piece of craftsmanship right there.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    That is a sweet smoker I wish I had more people to cook for!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,536
    Options
    Sweet bark on that brisket.  Gonna be eating quite well.
    And congratulations on the successful completion of another lap of the sun. 🎂
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,464
    Options
    Happy birthday! Awesome menu!!!
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,735
    Options
    Happy Birthday!! Celebrating in style :smile:

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,676