Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RIP Coach Knight

Options
not trying to steal @Ozzie_Isaac

thunder but he was a coach at my school.   Definitely one of a kind and brought excitement to every game.   
LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,354
    Options
    A sad day for Indiana Basketball. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,039
    Options
    That's awful. A lady I know is close friends with him and his family. A very much different person outside of coaching and how he might be portrayed in public. Always a nice guy from what I've heard behind the curtain. RIP
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    I visited IU in 2008ish.  Not a sign of Bob anywhere in that arena - no pics, no references, nada.  I thought that kind of cleansing was too bad.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Legume said:
    ColtsFan said:
    I visited IU in 2008ish.  Not a sign of Bob anywhere in that arena - no pics, no references, nada.  I thought that kind of cleansing was too bad.
    Yeah, it was an ugly breakup. Knight moved back to Bloomington several years ago. He and the university’s relations improved dramatically. He would often attend practices, show up at games, etc..
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,502
    Options
    Guess I'm in the minority here.
    He was an egotistical hot-tempered child who should've been shut out long, long before he was.  Kind've like the so-called "leaders" we have now.  

"The reason I go out with young men is because men my age or older — well, now they’re all dead."   

-Cher

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,173
    Options
    not trying to steal @Ozzie_Isaac

thunder but he was a coach at my school.   Definitely one of a kind and brought excitement to every game.   
    I am happy to share the burden we carry for the forum.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • alaskanassasin
    Options

Keep your head in the game @Ozzie_Isaac
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Legume said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Yeah, it was an ugly breakup. Knight moved back to Bloomington several years ago. He and the university’s relations improved dramatically. He would often attend practices, show up at games, etc..
    Probably the cause of death? Nobody could toss the chair like IUHMBBC Robert Montgomery Knight. 

Loss of a legend, good or bad, just for you to decide. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky