Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Who wants some popcorn?? Cub Scouts are selling, OBR gets a slice of it (sort of)

Options
Yes... it is indeed that time of the year, when Scouts trundle around the neighborhood, peddling their wares of overpriced popcorn. They brave the heat, surly neighbors yelling through their Ring doorcams, and so much more! 

Same deal stands as previous years. You buy popcorn, and I'll make a matching contribution to Operation BBQ Relief, in your name. Or, to any other charity you prefer. Thanks to your support,  I ended up sending more money to OBR in 2022, than I did in 2021. Much appreciated by my Scout, his comrades, the many people who benefit from OBR's operations, and me. BBQ people are the best kind of people. No contest.

If you're not into popcorn, you can contribute to "Heroes & Helpers" (any amount). The Scouts will receive a portion of that. 

The online storefront:
https://www.trails-end.com/store/scout/QGAN8E7Y?share=TENMKRW3

Each Scout gets a point for each $ of sales/donations. These points can then be redeemed for prizes rewards. 

caliprince is now a Webelo! Growing up fast :smile: Already working on acting like a teenager, and has nearly perfected it. As in years past, we tried to come up with a sales strategy. He very matter-of-factly stated, "The Eggheads. We have to let the Eggheads know." Even before saying we had to hit up his family to buy popcorn!

So, let's get this rolling!!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,781
    Options
    I’m In and ordered , was going to see cheez wiz in the inventory though 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,813
    Options
    caliking said:
    Yes... it is indeed that time of the year, when Scouts trundle around the neighborhood, peddling their wares of overpriced popcorn. They brave the heat, surly neighbors yelling through their Ring doorcams, and so much more! 

Same deal stands as previous years. You buy popcorn, and I'll make a matching contribution to Operation BBQ Relief, in your name. Or, to any other charity you prefer. Thanks to your support,  I ended up sending more money to OBR in 2022, than I did in 2021. Much appreciated by my Scout, his comrades, the many people who benefit from OBR's operations, and me. BBQ people are the best kind of people. No contest.

If you're not into popcorn, you can contribute to "Heroes & Helpers" (any amount). The Scouts will receive a portion of that. 

The online storefront:
    https://www.trails-end.com/store/scout/QGAN8E7Y?share=TENMKRW3

Each Scout gets a point for each $ of sales/donations. These points can then be redeemed for prizes rewards. 

caliprince is now a Webelo! Growing up fast :smile: Already working on acting like a teenager, and has nearly perfected it. As in years past, we tried to come up with a sales strategy. He very matter-of-factly stated, "The Eggheads. We have to let the Eggheads know." Even before saying we had to hit up his family to buy popcorn!

So, let's get this rolling!!

im guessing they banned the traditional knife hook on the belt. so how does one carry a knife to school now..... =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,463
    Options
    Once again! 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    I’m In and ordered , was going to see cheez wiz in the inventory though 
    Much appreciated! I had to hide that stuff :smile:

• caliking
    Options
    @lousubcap - I knew you wouldn't be able to escape the siren call of the chocolatey pretzels

• MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,377
    Options
    Calikng I dont no how to contact other than this forum. The pictures are of a slide for my Neckerchief when I was a scout Caliprince would like to have it I  send it to you. By the way it's 48 years old. 

Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • caliking
    Options
    @MasterC - I sent you a PM. 

• caliking
    Options

im guessing they banned the traditional knife hook on the belt. so how does one carry a knife to school now..... =)
    I'm guessing the pocketknife lobby had something to do with that. 

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,567
    Options
    Howdy, handsome young fella.
    canuckland
  • caliking
    Options
    @lousubcap , @lkapigian - matching contributions sent to OBR. You should receive an email confirming this.

Thank you!

• caliking
    Options
    Howdy, handsome young fella.
    Thanks :) I always say he takes after his dad... but, only if caliqueen isn't close enough to hear me.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,781
    Options
    caliking said:
    @lousubcap , @lkapigian - matching contributions sent to OBR. You should receive an email confirming this.

Thank you!
    Received, Thank You 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Recorded with OBR.  Thank you for paying this forward every year. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,377
    Options
    .caliking,  I'll get it ship Monday
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • caliking
    Options
    MasterC said:
    .caliking,  I'll get it ship Monday
     Thank you, sir. BBQ people really are the best people. 

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,678
    Options
    I'm my area- Boy Scouts are essentially dead as a group......and it's a sad day indeed.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,911
    Options
    please please excuse my stupidity/forgetfulness, but please tell me(maybe us) how we can “buy whatever” from your son so that he gets full credit even if I don’t want the offerings! No offense meant TO ANYONE! But rather than just donate to Hero’s and Helpers I would like to make sure your son gets full credit for this. 
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 946
    Options
    I got me some salted caramel corn. Looking forward to that. Good cause.

• caliking
    Options
    Ybabpmuts said:
    I got me some salted caramel corn. Looking forward to that. Good cause.

Thank you for your support.

I will honestly say, that even thought the product is overpriced IMO, its quite good.

The microwave popcorn packets are some of the best I've had (non-chewy, most of the kernels pop vs. other brands, and so on). Spent about a month last year trying to track down the manufacturer, etc. to see if i could buy it without paying the Scouts price + shipping. Found it on Amazon, and ended up paying about what I would have buying it from the Scouts. Turns out that the office stocks the same microwave popcorn... from the same manufacturer. Doh!

• caliking
    Options
    RRP said:
    please please excuse my stupidity/forgetfulness, but please tell me(maybe us) how we can “buy whatever” from your son so that he gets full credit even if I don’t want the offerings! No offense meant TO ANYONE! But rather than just donate to Hero’s and Helpers I would like to make sure your son gets full credit for this. 
    I appreciate your enquiry, @RRP

If the question is "how can I donate $X dollars, and have your scout get full credit for the $X dollars donated"... I don't know. Sales generated from popcorn, donations to Heroes & Helpers, etc. are distributed throughout the Scouts organization, from the national level down to to the pack and den level. Scouts get points credited for the rewards, for the full $ amount purchased/contributed/donated. 

No matter which way one may choose to contribute, I will send a matching donation to OBR. Period. 

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 946
    Options
    @caliking

No problem. it is a little expensive for what it is, and lord knows I'm not made of money but it's also for a good cause. Got your notification of the match, awful kind of you to do that.

• RRP
    Options
    caliking said:
    RRP said:

If the question is "how can I donate $X dollars, and have your scout get full credit for the $X dollars donated"... I don't know. Sales generated from popcorn, donations to Heroes & Helpers, etc. are distributed throughout the Scouts organization, from the national level down to to the pack and den level. Scouts get points credited for the rewards, for the full $ amount purchased/contributed/donated. 

No matter which way one may choose to contribute, I will send a matching donation to OBR. Period. 
    Sorry - if I would have just backed up and read your original post I would have realized your son could get the points and that was all my feeble mind was tiring to understand. I now have some popcorn coming.

• lousubcap
    Options
    Let me offer a great audible to the popcorn-get their chocolate covered pretzels.  Depending on the delivery location your shipment may be delayed until the predicted weather cools down to reduce potential melting. 
    Every year for me. 
  • caliking
    Options
    RRP said:
    caliking said:
    RRP said:

Sorry - if I would have just backed up and read your original post I would have realized your son could get the points and that was all my feeble mind was tiring to understand. I now have some popcorn coming.

Thanks for your support @RRP. You will receive an email later today, confirming my matching contribution to OBR.

• RRP
    Options
    Talk about FAST! I ordered some popcorn late Sunday evening and this morning (Tuesday) it arrived! Been too busy to try any yet, but I know it will be good because there is a triple whammy benefit. 1st the purchase itself benefited an enterprising young scout, 2nd that young scout’s Father  contributed a like amount to OBR which also is a good cause and 3rd…I got to keep the popcorn! 
  • RRP
    edited October 2023
    Options
  • caliking
    Options
    RRP said:
    Talk about FAST! I ordered some popcorn late Sunday evening and this morning (Tuesday) it arrived! Been too busy to try any yet, but I know it will be good because there is a triple whammy benefit. 1st the purchase itself benefited an enterprising young scout, 2nd that young scout’s Father  contributed a like amount to OBR which also is a good cause and 3rd…I got to keep the popcorn! 
    Glad you already received your order. I remember them being prompt last year, but didn't recall they were so speedy. 

Enjoy the popcorn!

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,095
    Options
    I took the audible suggestion from @lousubcap and ordered a bag of chocolatey pretzels.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    ordered/donated. My weakness.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • caliking
    Options
    @dbCooper and @YukonRon - thank you for your support! You should receive an email confirming the matching contribution to OBR shortly.