Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

steak cut in an unusual way

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,890
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options
    I could eat that all day long.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    this guy put alot of thought into cooking a half inch steak
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • RRP
    Options
    I hear you, fish…but my beloved of 57 years quite often thinks her steak is tough which IT IS NOT but still hates her steak so I have to cut hers up into tiny bite size pieces which this solution would work!  me her. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,474
    Options
    Interesting technique!

Quick question: the OP's link goes to a video in vertical format (I'm assuming its from TicTak or InstaGramma?)  Every time I click on those, on this forum and others, the video starts playing, but no audio; by the time I find the little speaker icon with the "x" in it, the video is half-over and I have to hit "Replay".

Is this normal?  (I don't have an account on any "social media" sites other than farcebook)  Or is there some setting on an Apple that I need to set (I did a preliminary look but didn't see anything)?  TIA

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Interesting Video 
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • RRP
    Options
    Botch said:
    Interesting technique!

Quick question: the OP's link goes to a video in vertical format (I'm assuming its from TicTak or InstaGramma?)  Every time I click on those, on this forum and others, the video starts playing, but no audio; by the time I find the little speaker icon with the "x" in it, the video is half-over and I have to hit "Replay".

Is this normal?  (I don't have an account on any "social media" sites other than farcebook)  Or is there some setting on an Apple that I need to set (I did a preliminary look but didn't see anything)?  TIA
    I'm of no help. Spring Chicken sent me that video and I merely shared it here. Sorry, buddy!
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    Botch said:
    Interesting technique!

It does the same thing for me, @Botch.  Not an apple user here, either.  I've just learned to live with it.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    Same for me @Botch with Apple.  As above-I have the location for the speaker ready to hit right after starting the video. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    RRP said:
    I hear you, fish…but my beloved of 57 years quite often thinks her steak is tough which IT IS NOT but still hates her steak so I have to cut hers up into tiny bite size pieces which this solution would work!  me her. 

ribeye in the sousvide at 127 for 4 hours, quick chill in cold water in the bag then seared quick turns it into butter.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,954
    Options
    Thanks for posting that, Ron!  Pretty cool.  Probably not a bad way to cut up a steak before putting it in a marinade too.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    That's crazy, but WTH, it's fun to try something new.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Interesting!  I hope someone tries it out here!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,348
    Options
    That fellow in the video has apparently spent time watching videos of Chinese chef's in action. They do a lot of amazing things with their knife - and 99% of their work is done with just the traditional Chinese cleaver.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk