Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Iberico Secreto

Options
Been wanting to try what’s referred to as the “Wagyu” of pork, Iberico Secreto and it didn’t disappoint. Just like Wagyu, all this cut really needs is salt, but I gave a little dusting of PS Seasonings Buried Treasure truffle seasoning. Fired up the MiniMax to about 500° and cooked direct for about 90 seconds per side. 

Wow…it was maybe the best pork I’ve ever had! After trying some plain, I hit the rest with chimichurri and I was in heaven! If you haven’t tried it, get yourself some and see for yourself!
Craig aka Cmac Cooks
Amesbury, MA
#BGETeamGreen #TeamArteflame #TeamBarrelProof
XL BGE, Mini-Max, La Caja China, Arteflame Classic 40, Arteflame One 20, Arteflame Euro 20, Cotton Gin Harvester, Weber Classic, Gozney Dome, Anova wifi Sous Vide.

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Whoa! That's downright sexy. You can tell its the "wagyu of pork" from that last pic.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    That looks incredible.  I am going to have to see about sourcing some of that.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    I’d snag that just to cure it , looks incredible 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,082
    Options
    I've got some of this in the freezer, I know what I'm cooking on Saturday.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    edited January 2023
    Options
    i would dive into that. not sure i could serve it to squeamish rare to raw pork paranoid guests with that color
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • cmac610
    cmac610 Posts: 154
    Options
    i would dive into that. not sure i could serve it to squeamish rare to raw pork paranoid guests with that color
    That just means more for you!
    Craig aka Cmac Cooks
    Amesbury, MA
    XL BGE, Mini-Max, La Caja China, Arteflame Classic 40, Arteflame One 20, Arteflame Euro 20, Cotton Gin Harvester, Weber Classic, Gozney Dome, Anova wifi Sous Vide.
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    That looks great!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    The pata negra is the greatest pork you'll ever have.  Spanish pig > any other pork you can find.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• fishlessman
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    cooking meat is overrated 

grind it up and add an egg yolk. this is pretty good with lamb

Classic steak tartarejpg

fukahwee maine

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    cooking meat is overrated 

grind it up and add an egg yolk. this is pretty good with lamb

Classic steak tartarejpg

I'd hit that 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Shop Abanico Iberico Pork Steak Online | La Tienda

I've ordered from these folks.

Sublime.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • fishlessman
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Shop Abanico Iberico Pork Steak Online | La Tienda

I've ordered from these folks.

Sublime.

i must get mailings from these guys 3 times a week. kinda glad they dont have my email address
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    cmac610 said:
    Been wanting to try what’s referred to as the “Wagyu” of pork, Iberico Secreto and it didn’t disappoint. Just like Wagyu, all this cut really needs is salt, but I gave a little dusting of PS Seasonings Buried Treasure truffle seasoning. Fired up the MiniMax to about 500° and cooked direct for about 90 seconds per side. 

Wow…it was maybe the best pork I’ve ever had! After trying some plain, I hit the rest with chimichurri and I was in heaven! If you haven’t tried it, get yourself some and see for yourself!

by any chance did you take an internal temp
    fukahwee maine

• cmac610
    cmac610 Posts: 154
    Options
    cmac610 said:

by any chance did you take an internal temp
    Nope. 
    Craig aka Cmac Cooks
    Amesbury, MA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    That is a great cook and finish right there.  Congrats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    That looks amazing!!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin