Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

West Coast Storms

Legume
Legume Posts: 15,049
Feast or famine with the rain.  I hope everyone is staying safe.

@billyray I've seen a number of pics of damage in Capitola.  How are you doing up the hill?
Not a felon

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,061
    edited January 2023
    I had one of my Roller Shades blow down 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,200
    lkapigian said:
    I had one of my Roller Shades blow down 
    Hopefully damage ends there, stay safe.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,049
    I just heard from my FiL that Felton has some really bad flooding.  Hope all is well.
    Not a felon
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,565
    Headed to SFO Friday for a celebratory weekend.  I may achieve success, in and then outbound on Monday.  
    Cardinal rule- If the pilot doesn't want to fly...I'm with the pilot all the way!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • danhoo
    danhoo Posts: 698
    lousubcap said:
    Headed to SFO Friday for a celebratory weekend.  I may achieve success, in and then outbound on Monday.  
    Cardinal rule- If the pilot doesn't want to fly...I'm with the pilot all the way!
    did you lose a bet and someone else is celebrating sending you off to SFO ?

But seriously, have fun and stay safe.

current: | Large BGE |  Genesis 1000 | Genesis E330 | 22 inch Kettle | Weber Summit Kamado
    sold:| PitBoss pro 820  WSM 22 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,061
    lousubcap said:
    Give a heads up next time you are at the Left Coast, would have gladly taken the 28 minute flight myself to have a cocktail with you 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian said:
    lousubcap said:
    Give a heads up next time you are at the Left Coast, would have gladly taken the 28 minute flight myself to have a cocktail with you 
    It’s always a good idea 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,276
    Legume said:

@billyray I've seen a number of pics of damage in Capitola.  How are you doing up the hill?
    We're doing fine. Capitola got hit real hard. Lots of trees down and slides and road closures up in the mountains. Our generator has been working overtime.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    billyray said:
    Legume said:

We're doing fine. Capitola got hit real hard. Lots of trees down and slides and road closures up in the mountains. Our generator has been working overtime.
    Glad you are doing okay.  Stay safe.

• Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    billyray said:
    Legume said:

I see Shadowbrook escaped damage, or at least are still open. I will have to get down there again when the local damage is a bit less.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • danhoo
    edited January 2023
    Today it is 64F and scattered clouds in Northern CA. A beautiful spring day, or maybe the eye of the storm with 6 to 10 days of rain in the forecast.

@lousubcap I hope you have a fun and safe trip to the west coast.

current: | Large BGE |  Genesis 1000 | Genesis E330 | 22 inch Kettle | Weber Summit Kamado
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,565
    Definitely packing rain gear.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    lousubcap said:
    Maybe you should have called in a favor and brought a sub.

• danhoo
    lousubcap said:
    Bring a flashlight and stay on high ground.