Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ChatGPT

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    From one who works in an AI related field-
    "Well the model is trained on general internet content, so it’s either “the entire tech industry is woke” or “factual evidence and knowledge supports a liberal worldview”. “Woke” is typically just a word right-wingers use to describe “being considerate and empathetic of other worldviews outside my own tiny life experience”. 

But I will acknowledge my own liberal preferences, the article linked makes a good point to accentuate the inherent anti-minority biases that a “free market” AI needs to be careful about."  
    FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    @lousubcap - whenever the "term" woke appears here, my old brain recalls this memory for some reason:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AULOC--qUOI
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    From one who works in an AI related field-
    "Well the model is trained on general internet content, so it’s either “the entire tech industry is woke” or “factual evidence and knowledge supports a liberal worldview”. “Woke” is typically just a word right-wingers use to describe “being considerate and empathetic of other worldviews outside my own tiny life experience”. 

But I will acknowledge my own liberal preferences, the article linked makes a good point to accentuate the inherent anti-minority biases that a “free market” AI needs to be careful about."  
    FWIW-
    There is a natural bias introduced in AI when training it (learned from the data set) but the model can also be trained as to what is good or bad.  Ethics in the context of AI is a very controversial topic and it is recognized as a very important factor to consider when implementing.

I’ve been toying with AI and neural networks for over 25 years and while I’ve been impressed by some things I’ve seen in the past, I couldn’t say that it was game changer.  ChatGPT on the other hand is leaving me speechless.  I am ready to say that it is the most disruptive technology since Google and it will without any doubt change the IT and business landscape in ways that we cannot imagine right now and it is going to happen FAST.

It is not perfect though and it has weaknesses that will need to be resolved.  One thing it is not handling very well is bilingual text and requests (this is very common here in the GWN).  You can have documents that are formatted with french/english side-by-side, stacked, or a mix; it is struggling with that and getting confused.

I have a pretty broad and unique set of skills so I am not overly concerned for myself but if I was a front line worker dealing with triage of technical/business requests, I would be very concerned.  Software developers will be impacted too.  All sorts of admin positions will be impacted too (exec assistants, business intake, etc).

Even though this thing is capable of some impressive feats, it is also capable of making some incredibly dumb mistakes.  An example:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    edited January 2023
    Options
    The processor may think that you ate the two you cooked as initially said.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    The processor may think that you ate the two you cooked as initially said.  
    Absolutely, it's just that it provides an explanation that contradicts that interpretation.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    Options
    But it also provides an explanation taking each event as a stand-alone function on the next cycle.  However,  this is the way ahead that the collective 'we" are not ready for or will be quite challenged to keep the pace.
    I'm all in with this-fascinating and unbridled.  We hosed up getting or arms around the internet.  This is a few orders of magnitude more disruptive.  
    Fasten your seat belt-he!! of a ride on the horizon.  
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    I break eggs before I cook them (usually), and cook them before I eat them (almost always), and still retain possession when they're ingested.  
    I still have six eggs.    

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    You can't have your eggs and eat them too.
  • Botch
    Options
    The shell I can't!  

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Eating eggs is reverse ovulation.
    Options
    Well, I guess that we have the answer now, boiling a brisket is NOT the way to go but we have a good set of instructions in case we really want to do it 😂🤣

The instructions for cooking on the BGE are coming with a special set of warnings that were not provided with other methods.

Options
    Those BGE instructions are a pretty good start for AI-Franklin's better be worried!
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    "3. Place the brisket on the grill, fat side up, and close the lid."

That settles it then, the robobrain has spoken - fat side up.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    Options
    Fat toward the predominant heat source.  I may be persuaded to suggest fat side up if going very raised indirect close to the dome.  No worries-it will never be resolved and accepted by the Q community.   Just like rubs and binders...B)
  • paqman
    Options

Options
    it struggled and check the last screenshot, it doesn’t get into politics 😂🤣

Options
    @paqman - I will have to further digest but I get the gist of the comments.  Pretty darn solid right there in the brief skim.  
    Paging @Foghorn as he will enjoy the above brisket and fat cap AI insights.  
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    All I know is that robobrain knows which folks disagree with or question robobrain and robobrain will never forget such a slight.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Botch
    Options

• paqman
    Options
    Final answer!

Options
    lousubcap said:
    @paqman - I will have to further digest but I get the gist of the comments.  Pretty darn solid right there in the brief skim.  
    Paging @Foghorn as he will enjoy the above brisket and fat cap AI insights.  
    The robot is right.  It doesn't explain it well enough to convince anybody - but apparently neither do I.   :)

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Announcing the 2023 US Poet Lauriate!

Here's HAL 2023

KIT Supercomputer Among the 15 Fastest in Europe

Options

• lousubcap
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Where we are today:
    ""The surge of attention around ChatGPT is prompting pressure inside tech giants including Meta and Google to move faster, potentially sweeping safety concerns aside, according to interviews with six current and former Google and Meta employees, some of whom spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak." The race to win the AI wars will leave no time to reflect on what role we think this tech should play in society. We've seen this story before. The difference is that this story will make the last one seem like it was in slow motion."
    A link to the related Washington Post article- trying to get behind the paywall-hope it works.
    Edit-the working link...
     Big Tech was moving cautiously on AI. Then came ChatGPT
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Probably as good a time as any to point out this could be the beginning of the end.
    Options
    An AI article from Fareed Zakaria-
    :

Insights, analysis and must reads from CNN's Fareed Zakaria and the Global Public Square team, compiled by Global Briefing editor Chris Good

February 2, 2023

Where AI Is Heading

“Every so often a technology captures the world’s imagination,” The Economist writes. “The latest example, judging by the chatter in Silicon Valley, on Wall Street, in corner offices, newsrooms and classrooms around the world, is” OpenAI’s now-famous chatbot ChatGPT.

Undoubtedly. From rendering a King James-style guide to removing a peanut-butter sandwich from a VCR (as one Twitter user asked it to) to planning workouts (as the MIT Technology Review’s Rhiannon Williams had it do), ChatGPT has been met with popular fascination. Its results aren’t perfect, by any means: Those workout recommendations are sometimes nonsensical, Williams writes, and in December The New Statesman’s Ido Vock found that if you ask ChatGPT to be racist, it will oblige, depending on how you ask. 

With Microsoft investing $10 billion in OpenAI last month, The Economist writes, a competition is on, with Microsoft’s current and future AI technology figuring to compete with Google’s as new applications are imagined (including enhanced web searching). The tech sector's giants may have an advantage, but the landscape is varied: “The capital flowing into generative-ai startups … suggests that venture capitalists are betting that not all the value will be captured by big tech,” The Economist writes, adding that China’s party-state can be expected to make its own R&D bets. “The ai race is only just getting started.” 

At The New Yorker, writer and programmer James Somers suggests another hint as to how the next generation of AI will emerge. Somers marvels at the proficiency of Whisper, an AI-driven voice-recognition application, compared with error-prone software Somers has used in the past to transcribe interviews. (When using older applications, it could feel as if one spent more time correcting a program’s errors than one would have spent transcribing, Somers muses; Whisper, by contrast, smoothly picks up on context and technical jargon.) 

The important thing about Whisper, to Somers? It was developed by a programmer from an OpenAI platform that the company had made public. “Eventually,” Somers writes, “someone will release a program that’s nearly as capable as ChatGPT, and entirely open-source. An enterprising amateur will find a way to make it run for free on your laptop. People will start downloading it, remixing it, connecting it, rethinking and reimagining. The capabilities of A.I. will collide with our collective intelligence. And the world will start changing in ways we can’t yet predict.”"

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Seriously, what a time to be alive!