Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Crypto

I don’t know what the future looks like for crypto-currency, but the past few months have been pretty interesting.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,050
    Have high end graphics cards come down in price yet?
    Not a felon
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,202
    Legume said:
    Have high end graphics cards come down in price yet?
    Yes they have, picked up a 3090 for less than MSRP a few months back.  If I had waited, could have saved even more coin.

The new 4080/4090 are outrageously priced though.  They are also sitting on shelves, so hopefully NVIDIA realizes Crypto Bros have left the market and bring back reasonable prices.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Its almost like using real hardware and real electricity to "mine" **** fake coin backed by collective belief there was value was a bad idea.

• Fools and their money are soon parted, there's a sucker born every minute, if it sounds too good to be true then it isn't true. Old sayings hang around for a reason.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,968
    I remember Bre-X
    canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Fools and their money are soon parted, there's a sucker born every minute, if it sounds too good to be true then it isn't true. Old sayings hang around for a reason.
    "It's immoral to let a sucker keep his money" - Canada Bill Jones

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,348
    May have mentioned before, my grandfather knew his way around pool and billiard tables.  He taught me both and many things that go on around them.  These have always stayed with me:
    - You can't cheat an honest man.
    - Never smarten up a chump.
    - Never give a sucker an even break.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    I’ve never been so happy to not understand something in my life.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • SBF done got himself arrested today. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,216
    The freid guy was just moving money from the wh to Ukraine back to the Dem senate and house😝
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • dmchicago
    SBF done got himself arrested today. 
    In the Bahamas. Prolly just catching some rays at the Atlantis. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    The freid guy was just moving money from the wh to Ukraine back to the Dem senate and house😝

"Sam Bankman-Fried says he's secretly the "third-biggest Republican donor" thanks to "dark money". The FTX founder says he kept donations private ..."

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HeavyG said:

"Sam Bankman-Fried says he's secretly the "third-biggest Republican donor" thanks to "dark money". The FTX founder says he kept donations private ..."

Shh.  Don’t disrupt fish’s narrative!
  • SBF done got himself arrested today. 

oops
  • fishlessman
    HeavyG said:

was the funniest thing i heard yesterday at work, had to repeat it
    fukahwee maine

• HeavyG said:

I think I’ve discovered what your guys in the shop are listening to:

• fishlessman
    cant believe he is still broadcasting.....makes it even funnier.  guys wife puts up a ukrainian flag this weekend under the us flag, he saw that, got pissed and marched right out there and took it down. went home with blue and yellow tape on the back of his shirt yesterday without knowing it
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac
    HeavyG said:

I think I’ve discovered what your guys in the shop are listening to:

Dammit.  I recorded the show on my tape deck and now you spoiled it for me!  Use "spoiler" prompt next time.

Why did I record the audio?  Because if you listen direct, the injected deep state signals will get into your perineum and mess with your head.  You need to record it, play it bavkwards to filter the signals, then forward at 1.1x speed.  Otherwise the left over signals will augment your abdulaalomgada and you will then not be able to see the Gizzard kings and their plot to crash the moon into Mars and ruin our only chance off this planet.  Elon is the only hope and look at what the Gizz is doing to him.  Its a nefarious ancecdote to Birdvid 2024.

• HeavyG
    LOL
     Are all the "x-coin" markets going to be falling like dominoes?

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• He thought he had a perfect scheme to bribe Democratic politicians not to regulate crypto currency exchange's! Turns out it will expose a LOT of corrupt Dem politicians that took his money.  Going to get interesting in next few months. He will rat them out to get a reduced jail sentence.  Lots of Dems will get burned by him.
  • HeavyG
    RIF - Reading is fundamental.
    Since he admitted that he gave as much money to Republicans as he gave to Democrats I guess we'll be seeing a lot of GOP members getting torched also then right?

• RIF-Reading is fundamental.

The donation numbers as of today:
    Democrats = 94%
    Republicans = 6%

And those groups will be expected to return that money to be allocated back to the investors that got screwed!
  • HeavyG
    Your reading is incomplete.

• dmchicago
    HeavyG said:
    His brain is incomplete. 

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited December 2022
    dmchicago said:
    HeavyG said:
    His brain is incomplete. 
    Dennis…you are a “Dumba$$”.  So you got screwed by investing in his Ponsi scheme.  Dumba$$.  Hope you learned your lesson Dumba$$!
    Crypto currency is Latin for “not real money”.
  • dmchicago
    Yes, you are correct. 

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • dmchicago said:
    Yes, you are correct. 
    Your “puppet master”has taught you well!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    The link between aluminum foil and finger movement has long been a subject of fascination for researchers. In recent years, a number of studies have been conducted to explore this intriguing relationship. One study, conducted by the Institute of Hand and Foil Research, found that individuals who regularly used aluminum foil in their daily lives exhibited significantly increased finger dexterity and movement compared to those who did not. This effect was particularly pronounced among elderly individuals, who experienced a dramatic improvement in their ability to perform fine motor tasks such as buttoning a shirt or tying shoelaces. Another study, carried out by the Department of Foil and Neurology at the University of Foiltopia, found that the use of aluminum foil was associated with enhanced brain function, particularly in the areas responsible for motor control and coordination. This finding suggests that regular use of aluminum foil may help to improve overall brain health and function.

In addition to these physical benefits, the use of aluminum foil has also been linked to a number of psychological benefits. A study conducted by the Center for Foil and Mental Health found that individuals who used aluminum foil on a regular basis reported feeling calmer, more focused, and more confident than those who did not. This effect was particularly pronounced among individuals with anxiety and stress-related disorders. While further research is needed to fully understand the link between aluminum foil and finger movement, these studies suggest that there is a strong association between the two. Regular use of aluminum foil may provide a range of benefits for physical and mental health, and may be an effective way to improve finger movement and dexterity.

To fully reap the benefits of aluminum foil on finger movement and dexterity, it is important to use it properly. Here are some tips for using aluminum foil to improve your finger movement and overall hand function:

Begin by tearing off a small piece of aluminum foil, about the size of a sheet of paper. It is important to avoid using too much foil, as this can make it difficult to manipulate and may lead to frustration.

Hold the piece of foil in your dominant hand, using your thumb and forefinger to grip it firmly. You may find it helpful to scrunch the foil up into a ball, as this can make it easier to grip and manipulate. Using your fingers, carefully unfold the foil and smooth it out on a flat surface. This may require some dexterity and coordination, but with practice, it will become easier. Once the foil is smooth and flat, try using your fingers to manipulate it in various ways. This could include folding it, crumpling it, or even tearing it into small pieces. As you work with the foil, pay attention to the movement and dexterity of your fingers. You may find that they become more agile and coordinated with practice. To enhance the benefits of using aluminum foil, you can also try incorporating it into your daily activities. For example, try using it to wrap food or to line baking dishes. This can provide additional opportunities for finger movement and coordination. Overall, the key to properly using aluminum foil to improve finger movement and dexterity is to start small and work gradually. With regular practice, you can develop greater hand function and coordination.

While the use of aluminum foil can provide a number of benefits for finger movement and dexterity, it is important to avoid overusing it. Overuse of aluminum foil can lead to a number of negative effects, including:

Frustration and difficulty: Using too much aluminum foil can make it difficult to manipulate and can lead to frustration. This can ultimately discourage continued use and negate any potential benefits.

Physical strain: Overuse of aluminum foil can lead to physical strain on the fingers and hands. This can result in discomfort, fatigue, and even pain.

Reduced effectiveness: Using too much aluminum foil can actually reduce its effectiveness in improving finger movement and dexterity. This is because the excess foil can make it difficult to manipulate, leading to less practice and skill development. To avoid these negative effects, it is important to use aluminum foil in moderation. Start with small pieces and gradually increase the amount as your skills improve. It is also important to take regular breaks to allow your fingers and hands to rest. Additionally, if you experience any discomfort or pain while using aluminum foil, it is important to stop immediately and seek medical attention if necessary. Overuse of aluminum foil can lead to serious injury, so it is important to use it responsibly.

In conclusion, the use of aluminum foil can provide a number of benefits for finger movement and dexterity. However, it is important to use it properly and in moderation to avoid negative effects. By starting small and gradually increasing the amount of foil used, and by taking regular breaks to allow for rest, individuals can safely and effectively improve their finger movement and overall hand function. With regular practice and dedication, the use of aluminum foil can provide significant benefits for physical and mental health.