Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Looking for egger named Mike Love in Lake Havasu City, AZ :OT

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,880
edited November 2022 in EggHead Forum
Mike was a long time egger posting as Love Handles who rode a big Harley, owned a custom hot rod and paint shop there and rode with a local club there named the Goat Heads or something like that. I lost his email…can anyone help me?
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• I’m guessing Love Handles had a kick butt recipe you’re trying to find, Ron?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • RRP
    actually more of a “well being check” as us old farts are prone to do…homes seem to sell better if some some oldster didn’t die in it and wasn’t found for 90 days thus stinking up the home and needing new wall paint!  =)B)  :)
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    I’m just glad he doesn’t owe you money. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• RRP
    ColtsFan said:
    I’m just glad he doesn’t owe you money. 
    har har har - even if he did, which HE DOES NOT - then his kick butt Harley club could  stop by next year on their way to Sturgis and kick my butt!  

BTW there has only been ONE a-hole in the USA who has stiffed me in 20 years! Seems like your memory is almost as good as mine.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    RRP said:
    actually more of a “well being check” as us old farts are prone to do…homes seem to sell better if some some oldster didn’t die in it and wasn’t found for 90 days thus stinking up the home and needing new wall paint!  =)B)  :)
    My first spring break to fort laud i drove a car that was used in an assination. Blood and glass were still on the passenger floor. Later rented a house from a guy that the dad died and rotted thru the bedroom floor.  I can't make this stuff up, seems like this stuff happens too often.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • RRP said:
    My first spring break to fort laud i drove a car that was used in an assination. Blood and glass were still on the passenger floor. Later rented a house from a guy that the dad died and rotted thru the bedroom floor.  I can't make this stuff up, seems like this stuff happens to me.
    FTFY 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I
    Mike is indeed with the goat head biker gang - he’s the guy on the right
    edited November 2022
    I have an engineer from Lake Havasu City.  I will ask him if he knows Mike.

I went to Canada with this guy's uncle one time.  The whole family was from Havasu.  It was about 50° outside in Moosejaw, Saskatchewan.  We were working with a pipeline company on digging chains.  I was watching the equipment dig while wearing a hoodie and blue jeans.  The poor guy from Lake Havasu bought every piece of Carhartt he could find and was still cold.  I will never forget how miserable he was and I was debating about taking my hoodie off.

He probably wasn't the biker type and wouldn't know @LoveHandles.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • RRP
    mikelove said:
    Hi Ron, I'm still alive and well and living in Havasu.  Lots of stuff changed in the last few hears. I'm still cooking on the eggs, but not doing any competitions anymore. It would be nice to talk to you again. BTW, stopped riding the Harley about a year ago
    GREAT talking to you this morning, Mike! And guess what... I just sent a gasket this morning to Anne and Joe Taffe! Small world!!!
  • I know them very well. Joe is a 'Goathead and rides also
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    This forum can bridge all kinds of challenges.  Way to connect @RRP.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    Still alive, as near as I can tell, assuming he is around 75.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • womaus
    womaus Posts: 256
    RRP said:
    BTW there has only been ONE a-hole in the USA who has stiffed me in 20 years! Seems like your memory is almost as good as mine.
    Damn, if it was me I apologize. It may have been during my lost years.....

(and I know it wasn't, but you never know)
  • RRP
    mikelove said:
    I know them very well. Joe is a 'Goathead and rides also
    Yes, Anne told me that and how she served as your bookkeeper during your days as a BGE dealership, as well as enjoying those terrific weekend Eggfest (ParTEEs) you and your wife had held there. 

I’m so glad I reached out trying to find you last night!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    RRP said:
    My first spring break to fort laud i drove a car that was used in an assination. Blood and glass were still on the passenger floor. Later rented a house from a guy that the dad died and rotted thru the bedroom floor.  I can't make this stuff up, seems like this stuff happens to me.
    FTFY 
      The guy where we got the car from had a dad that was a big lawyer and somehow had this car released.  the transmission linkage failed on daytona beach, the dead guy must have slumped over the shift and broke it just enough to get us there. came back shifting it with a screw driver
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    mikelove said:
    Hi Ron, I'm still alive and well and I living in Havasu.  Lots of stuff changed in the last few hears. I'm still cooking on the eggs, but not doing any competitions anymore. It would be nice to talk to you again. BTW, stopped riding the Harley about a year ago
    Will The Beach Boys be touring again?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • I've been getting those Beach Boy comments my whole life. I've got some good stories
  • mikelove said:
    Hi Ron, I'm still alive and well and I living in Havasu.  Lots of stuff changed in the last few hears. I'm still cooking on the eggs, but not doing any competitions anymore. It would be nice to talk to you again. BTW, stopped riding the Harley about a year ago
    Will The Beach Boys be touring again?
    Mike drop ( literally)
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • Hey I remember you Mike Love.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• I remember you too