Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What do the "Wolves" Think?

2»

Comments

• CP92
    CP92 Posts: 352
    We have gotten off subject here, and it’s probably my fault, so for that I apologize to the OP @CP92

Apology accepted, I appreciate it. But you did confirm my previous belief I no longer need to be involved in social media. 
    Chris
    LBGE
    Hughesville, MD
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    I read a little story a week or so ago - don't recall if it was on Twitter or reddit - about a woman, an accomplished marathon runner, that was on a flight and in casual conversation with the fellow seated next to her she mentioned that liked to run for pleasure/exercise. Well, the fellow started giving her advice on how to train, what not to do, clothing, etc., etc., etc. He recommended she read a book that he had read that was full of great training advice.
    She smiled and thanked him for the tips and the name of that book and went back to listening to her music.
    She was the author of the book the fellow recommended.
    Not sure why that story just popped back into my head this afternoon...

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,051
    Hahahaha.
    Not a felon
  • Legume
    Why would anyone cooperate in this one sided circus? It’s never been about justice. It’s been about getting Trump. Just like all the other attempts. No cross examination. Not witnesses from the other side. The democrats are making us into a banana republic. Yet at every turn the libs think all that matters is winning. Regardless if justice takes place. The same things we see on social media. They want free speech shutdown so only one version is ever heard. They still don’t see the damage that’s taking place and never will. 

I didn’t realize there was a second page, let me try this again, with context.

A-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I’ve watched part or all of at least 5 of the committee hearings.  Have you watched any?  I don’t think circus could be applied, at all.  It’s been professional, respectful, businesslike, not bombastic or overtly confrontational with the typical gotcha moments we’ve come to associate with congressional witch-hunts.  There are R’s on the cmte, they’re just not in Trump’s pocket.  If anything, the people McCarthy put forward would have ensured a circus.
    Not a felon
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,043
    HeavyG said:
    I read a little story a week or so ago - don't recall if it was on Twitter or reddit - about a woman, an accomplished marathon runner, that was on a flight and in casual conversation with the fellow seated next to her she mentioned that liked to run for pleasure/exercise. Well, the fellow started giving her advice on how to train, what not to do, clothing, etc., etc., etc. He recommended she read a book that he had read that was full of great training advice.
    She smiled and thanked him for the tips and the name of that book and went back to listening to her music.
    She was the author of the book the fellow recommended.
    Not sure why that story just popped back into my head this afternoon...

Maybe, this video popped up on your feed, like it did mine two days ago:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yMPqpLqkUI

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,577
    There were many R's from Cheeto's orbit that came forth and testified before the committee.  I would say that the collective testimony across several months of hearings both public and private paint quite a da-ning picture of an unhinged narcissist who put loyalty to his face in the mirror ahead of everything else, including the oath of office he took.  
    How can you justify Cheeto's claim that the election was stolen when he lost all the court challenges and many motions were tossed by justices he appointed.
    He lost, plain and simple.  But lying to the media is his strong suit.  Deny, deflect, delay.  The playbook. Cheeto makes Nixon look like a saint.  
    And yes I watched the hearings live or later (recorded).  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited October 2022
    CP92 said:
    CP92 said:

I think you’re wrong in just about every aspect of this, and more than just about anyone else here, I know precisely how classification works.  

Your arrogance is showing through. I know I've have held higher accesses than you for over 30 years, have taken classification classes, and served as a classification advisory officer. I know I am infinitely more qualified to talk to classification matters than you'll ever be. 

That simple statement calls into question many of your other "claims" if you're so caviler as to think you "know more than just about anyone..." 
    You hit the “pissed off God” button, and John didn’t like it.  Seems like this is becoming a weekly occurrence here on the forum.  Come on people…get with the program and drink the purple Koolaid! The cafeteria at Duke serves it in both sweetened & non-sweetened forms…so what’s the problem???
  • CP92 said:
    CP92 said:

I think you’re wrong in just about every aspect of this, and more than just about anyone else here, I know precisely how classification works.  

Your arrogance is showing through. I know I've have held higher accesses than you for over 30 years, have taken classification classes, and served as a classification advisory officer. I know I am infinitely more qualified to talk to classification matters than you'll ever be. 

That simple statement calls into question many of your other "claims" if you're so caviler as to think you "know more than just about anyone..." 
    You hit the “pissed off God” button, and John didn’t like it.  Seems like this is becoming a weekly occurrence here on the forum.  Come on people…get with the program and drink the purple Koolaid! The cafeteria at Duke serves it in both sweetened & non-sweetened forms…so what’s the problem???

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,756
    🤦‍♂️

Rescued dog was not what he seemed but he offered her the purest friendship until the afterlife
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,208
    edited November 2022
    CP92 said:
    CP92 said:

Have you ever tried "unsweetened" koolaid?  It kind of defeats the entire "koolaid" thing.  Maybe you are more of a Flavor-aid type?

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• HeavyG
    Flavor-aid? I always thought he just drank straight Everclear.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Legume
    To busy wolfing to reply.
    Not a felon
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Has little miss can’t be wrong surfaced since last Tuesday?
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • dmchicago
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • dmchicago
     Same thing. Thanks. 

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    HeavyG said:
    Flavor-aid? I always thought he just drank straight Everclear.
    Sorry, maybe the joke was too subtle.  It was a reference to the origination story for the "drink the kool-aid" reference.  Jim Jones actually used Flavor-Aid.

• Legume
    You went deep on Jamestown.  Only one I know that did.
    Not a felon
  • HeavyG

Ozzie at every party, I'm guessing.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Legume said:
    Everyone needs hobbies, they are good for your mental health.

• Legume said:
    Powers Boothe was amazing as Jim Jones in ‘Guyana Tragedy’ and maybe better as Curly Bill in ‘Tombstone”. 

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Legume said:
    Powers Boothe was amazing as Jim Jones in ‘Guyana Tragedy’ and maybe better as Curly Bill in ‘Tombstone”. 

I had a friend who was an extra in Tombstone.  He is one of the guys sitting at the bar drinking whiskey.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,043
    edited November 2022
    Ozzie_Isaac said:
    I had a friend who was an extra in Tombstone.  He is one of the guys sitting at the bar drinking whiskey.
    Wait, we can get  paid to do that?!  

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Botch said:
    Ozzie_Isaac said:
    Wait, we can get  paid to do that?!  
    Just need a cool mustache and a grumpy disposition.

• Legume said:

Your friend is Billy Bob Thornton?!?!?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    HeavyG said:

Ozzie at every party, I'm guessing.

Lol, missed this yesterday.  The trick is to keep it in your back pocket tell they ask you what knock-off drink you served them.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    dmchicago said:
    HoleeFvck.