Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Should I or Should I Not

Options

I have three eggs – Large and Medium built into table – and a mini on a cast iron table

Mini – Never used – Not been registered – cast iron grate – raised grid – carrier for the mini – again all new

My dealer is giving me a “Super” price on the MiniMax – which leads to the question –

Should I sell the Mini and buy the MiniMax?

See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                    Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    Sounds like the large and medium have handled all your needs quite well.  With that, it's your call but I would sort out the driver and place in your arsenal for the MM given the lack of use on the mini.  FWIW-
    You may just want to sell the mini.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Doesn’t sound like you need it

The MiniMax is essentially a small that will travel, but be advised that it is heavy.  Most people need a helping hand to carry it around.  

I mostly use mine on trips out to the beach.  It can handle a 10-lb pork butt.  And of course you can sear steaks on it just like you can with the Mini.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    Wok burner, flat top griddle. More options
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Wok burner, flat top griddle. More options
    Agree. For home use there are better options to expand your arsenal.

I have a medium, a mini, and a minimax.  At home, the minimax is only used for an occasional side.  I would not sell a mini to get a minimax.  The minimax is heavy, harder to control temps, limited height so you always cook close to the fire.  For home use, another medium would be better.  For travel, a weber smokey joe works better.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Minimax sucks. I said what I said. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited October 2022
    Options
    $399 for a PK-GO.  You will love it!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    $399 for a PK-GO.  You will love it!
    Sir, this is a big green egg forum
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    I can't help but laugh every time I see that sentence - that's never going to grow old. 🫡
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk