Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Biden pardons all federal offenses for marijuana possession

Seems long overdue.  Hopefully most of the states will follow suit.  Too many people in prison over this.  
"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Comments

• That’s awesome!! Maybe they can hook up with all the criminals released from Mexican and Venezuelan prisons that’s being sent to us. They can probably sign up for more government benefits if they form a union. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Hahaha
    This is really going to help the Halloween fentanyl takeover.  I heard they were having distribution problems giving all that fentanyl away for free.
  • Roll_Tide_Roll
    Roll_Tide_Roll Posts: 5
    edited October 2022
    Seems long overdue.  Hopefully most of the states will follow suit.  Too many people in prison over this.  
    You, sir, are an absolute moron!
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Overdue. When I was in high school in the 70’s we had a real winner of a DA. The parents thought that he walked on water because he was “tough on drugs”. What he actually did was tell students caught with less than an ounce that they wouldn’t be charged if they turned over 5 others. It got to where if someone was talking to you during class change you would stand with your back against your locker door. You didn’t want anyone slipping a j into your locker. 

Latter in the 80’s it was revealed that he was deeply involved in several shady criminal matters.

So a lot of people had trumped up charges hanging over them for close to 50 years right now. 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,354
    Timing is a bit suspicious. 

(Disclaimer: I fully support the move and think that it is seriously overdue)
    Las Vegas, NV

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    Timing is a bit suspicious. 

(Disclaimer: I fully support the move and think that it is seriously overdue)
    The timing seemed risky to me when I read it.

Agree, overdue.
  • Seems long overdue.  Hopefully most of the states will follow suit.  Too many people in prison over this.  
    Trapped in the grey.  It really never fails with you clowns.
  • Seems long overdue.  Hopefully most of the states will follow suit.  Too many people in prison over this.  
    Trapped in the grey.  It really never fails with you clowns.
    That is glorious ha ha. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Legume
    Please explain!  40 states have legalized it in some way.
    You do realize that John and all his fanboy snowflakes will call you a nazi racist now? And other things to degrade you… you struck a nerve by calling their god a moron!  LOL
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,734
    Legume said:
    This is really going to help the Halloween fentanyl takeover.  I heard they were having distribution problems giving all that fentanyl away for free.

they just put the free stuff in the cocaine....no distribution problem but sometimes they do lose a customer.  RIP junior
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    As the thread says, what Biden has done is just a small step.
    However, as the saying goes, a journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.
    It's way past time to eliminate the ridiculous, decades long, extremely costly, and continually futile "war on drugs".

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    I agree with releasing low level drug users. However it might be prudent to review the cases to see how many people are in federal prison for such a charge because they plead down a far more serious trafficking charge. Just spitballing. Seems prudent to me. It’s probably only most of them. 🤣
  • HeavyG
    I agree with releasing low level drug users. However it might be prudent to review the cases to see how many people are in federal prison for such a charge because they plead down a far more serious trafficking charge. Just spitballing. Seems prudent to me. It’s probably only most of them. 🤣
    And while doing that review it would be prudent to see just how many of those more serious charges (if any) are really just the result of "overcharging" people solely for the aim of those people agreeing to a lesser charge. Prosecutors do that all the time to scare people into plea deals.
    That said, Biden's pardons will not release anyone in federal prison currently as there are no federal prisoners that meet the criteria.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Legume
    HeavyG said:
    And while doing that review it would be prudent to see just how many of those more serious charges (if any) are really just the result of "overcharging" people solely for the aim of those people agreeing to a lesser charge. Prosecutors do that all the time to scare people into plea deals.
    That said, Biden's pardons will not release anyone in federal prison currently as there are no federal prisoners that meet the criteria.

That’s what I thought I had read as well, it’s more about giving those past offenders a better path forward to jobs, etc.
  • pgprescott
    Legume said:
    HeavyG said:

That’s what I thought I had read as well, it’s more about giving those past offenders a better path forward to jobs, etc.
    And voting. Assuming they weren’t over or under charged. I’m thinking if you’re caught by the feds it highly unlikely that it’s the former. I know several guys who did task force work for years. The feds aren’t busting Joe blow buying a bag of pot to smoke on the weekends at home. Much more likely at the state and local level. Meh. 🙄
  • I agree with releasing low level drug users. However it might be prudent to review the cases to see how many people are in federal prison for such a charge because they plead down a far more serious trafficking charge. Just spitballing. Seems prudent to me. It’s probably only most of them. 🤣
    “spitballing” translates to “this is something I heard on Fox News the other night” 
  • HeavyG
    Legume said:
    HeavyG said:

And voting. Assuming they weren’t over or under charged. I’m thinking if you’re caught by the feds it highly unlikely that it’s the former. I know several guys who did task force work for years. The feds aren’t busting Joe blow buying a bag of pot to smoke on the weekends at home. Much more likely at the state and local level. Meh. 🙄

As said earlier - journey, first step, etc...

• pgprescott
    “spitballing” translates to “this is something I heard on Fox News the other night” 
    Always so welcoming. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,936
    edited October 2022
    Always so welcoming. 
    I do my best.