Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PSA- For all the July Fourth Hot Dog fans-Nathan's Hot Dog eating contest info-PSA

Options
lousubcap
lousubcap Posts: 32,343
Here you go!

Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog-Eating Contest will air live on Monday, July 4. ESPN has exclusive live broadcast rights from 10:45 am ET to the conclusion of the event, expected to be at 1 pm ET. This marks the 19th consecutive year ESPN has televised the event.

The women’s competition coverage begins at 10:45 am ET and is telecast live on ESPN3. The men’s competition coverage begins at 12 pm ET and is telecast live on ESPNEWS. ESPN3 will also feature ISO cams on Top-ranked Female Miki Sudo and World Champion Joey Chestnut during their respective competitions, in addition to full coverage of both the women’s and men’s events. Re-airs will be on ESPN at 4 pm ET and 10 pm ET. Air times subject to change.

New this year, ESPN SportsCenter Anchor John Anderson will do play-by-play of the eating contest, with in-depth analysis by Major League Eating’s Richard Shea. The 2022 Nathan’s Famous Fourth of July Hot Dog-Eating Contest will take place back in Coney Island, returning to the iconic Nathan’s Famous flagship restaurant at the corner of Surf and Stillwell avenues after being forced to alternate locations in 2020 and 2021 by the pandemic.

Chestnut seeks a new record after eating 76 hot dogs and buns last year in the 10-minute, all-you-can-eat contest. Sudo, the number-one-ranked female in the world with a personal best of 48 hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes, will return after missing the 2021 contest due to pregnancy. She will battle Michelle Lesco of Arizona, who ate 30 ¾ hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes last year.

Nathan’s Famous will also make its annual donation of 100,000 Nathan’s Famous hot dogs to the Food Bank for New York City prior to the event. 

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    I wonder what the Women's prize amounts are?  I think I could give them a run for the money and at least place.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,949
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    I wonder what the Women's prize amounts are?  I think I could give them a run for the money and at least place.
    How are your man boobs sizing up these days?  I’m just trying to figure out how much work it would take for you to mix in with the crowd, don’t interpret this as me asking you out.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 940
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    Those women ARE the prize .... clearly. 
  • Langner91
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    How are your man boobs sizing up these days?  I’m just trying to figure out how much work it would take for you to mix in with the crowd, don’t interpret this as me asking you out.
    I wish this were in the OT Forum.  But, let's just say:

Clinton, Iowa
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    I just grilled a package of Nathan's . . . I ate just 1  :D
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Bump for your entertainment planning!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Contest finished.  Once again Joey Chestnut wins with 63 hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes.  Cleared the field by 20.  Off his record of last year with 76.  
    Now you know!
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,516
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Contest finished.  Once again Joey Chestnut wins with 63 hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes.  Cleared the field by 20.  Off his record of last year with 76.  
    Now you know!
    What the ... 63??? HOW? He must feel like crap for days after that.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,949
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Now you know!

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Now you know!
    He put down 74 last year but he was on crutches and had to take down an animal right activist while competing in the competition this year. Chestnut still took first.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I am dying at the MC. When you roll out of the gate with “They say the world of competitive eating is the battleground upon which god and Lucifer battle for our mortal souls…and they are right”! You are in for a show. The weigh in and competitor intros are just comic gold. So good.  
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Langner91
    Options
    I am dying at the MC. When you roll out of the gate with “They say the world of competitive eating is the battleground upon which god and Lucifer battle for our mortal souls…and they are right”! You are in for a show. The weigh in and competitor intros are just comic gold. So good.  
    I saw a tweet that said "The emcee for the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest should have stopped at 5 cups of cocaine."  
    Clinton, Iowa
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    I saw a tweet that said "The emcee for the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest should have stopped at 5 cups of cocaine."  
    Ha ha. So true. I’ve watched it 3 times. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,348
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Now you know!

How many courics was that?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,348
    Options
    Saw this today. Boy...to think a crowd used to be wowed when somebody quaffed a dozen dogs/buns for the win...

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    lousubcap said:
    Now you know!

How many courics was that?
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Saw this today. Boy...to think a crowd used to be wowed when somebody quaffed a dozen dogs/buns for the win...

The asymptote appears to be somewhere around 100, or one every six seconds.

Gluttony is one of the seven deadly sins, right?
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    That's ignoring shrinkflation.  Next year a 7-pak of Nathan's will weigh 6.3 oz, and an eight-pack of hot dog buns will be a six-pack, just because they can.  
    I hate everybody.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options

Gluttony is one of the seven deadly sins, right?
    But arguably not the worst of the bunch, that would be Envy.  Growing up Methodist I was taught that is only one with a zero fun/pleasure component, so if one must, pick from the others.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    But arguably not the worst of the bunch, that would be Envy.  Growing up Methodist I was taught that is only one with a zero fun/pleasure component, so if one must, pick from the others.

This, gave me something to think about.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.