Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What is the challenge with answering a two-part ATFQ??

Options
lousubcap
lousubcap Posts: 32,500
As some may know, I am rolling a very healthy brisket (SRF black) today in honour (nod) of National Brisket Day.  I have mentioned to a few people that some of this will be theirs if interested.  (The brisket weighed out at 18.8 lbs post-trim). So I solicited inputs as I will portion it out later this PM.  My question (a two-part challenge) "lean or moist/fatty or a combo and around how much?"  
Only two data points so far but all I have received is the lean/moist answer.  Thus requiring a return serve to  close it out.
The devil is in the details.  
Is half-baked the new normal??
For the record I have been rolling smoke since around 4:30 AM (EDT) and enjoying a few adult beverages along the way.  
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,048
    Options
    Frank can you repost this, but in English?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,363
    Options
    Might have to wait until tomorrow when the adult beverages have worn off.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,791
    Options
    LoL
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,434
    Options
    I'm only 2 Caronas in.  I'll wade into the pool assuming I understand.  I feel the perfect slice of brisket is about 20% fat. Needs to have good bark though.

I'm never in a position to ask the person cutting it for specific cuts as I am always the one cutting it.  

Great bark - i eat it. 
    Great rendered fat and moist cross section with good bark - I eat it.  
    A good brisket  slicer is full when it comes time for him/ her to eat.  

I find usually the women ask for lean when going thru my line and the dudes want the fat/flavor. 
    I catch the women back at the platter when "no one else is looking"

Good luck Frank
    I may start rolling smoke tomorrow. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,500
    Options
    Plain English- "Answer the F'ing Question!"  Surely you can finesse the "F" word.   B)
    Stay healthy and safe out there-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,900
    Options
    @lousubcap - I thought that but as the ATFQ was added at the end of "What is the challenge with answering a two-part"... the A stumped me. TFQ was easy. B)
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,048
    Options
    The answer is 1/4 lb of each.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike