Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE cooks planned for the NFL playoffs; Who you got? Why is optional.

lousubcap
lousubcap Posts: 32,170
edited January 2022 in EggHead Forum
To get it rolling-no BGE cooks (will mess with the drum smoker Sunday) but here are my winners:
Raiders-been a fan since Daryle "The Bomber" Lamonica was QB.
Bills- followed them since Jack Kemp and Cookie Gilchrist played.
Bucs- Can't go against Brady.
49ers- want to see a Jerry Jones melt-down.
Steelers at Chiefs-both lose!! Chiefs will win.
Cardinals at Rams-Manning brothers broadcast on ESPN2 for the win.  Rams.
Edit:  old here.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    NFL Playoffs?  What about Spring Training games? Oh wait, there is an MLB lockout.

Carry on.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    NFL Playoffs?  What about Spring Training games? Oh wait, there is an MLB lockout.

Carry on.
    There's a lockout? 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • NFL Playoffs?  What about Spring Training games? Oh wait, there is an MLB lockout.

Carry on.
    Why do you always have to be “that guy” ?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac

Carry on.
    Someone has to be the center of attention, might as well be me.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • NFL Playoffs?  What about Spring Training games? Oh wait, there is an MLB lockout.

Carry on.
    Someone has to be the center of attention, might as well be me.

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Pork butt on the egg, probably 2 hours away from the finish line. 
    Lisa just took homemade spinach artichoke dip out of the oven. 
    Homemade baked beans next to go in. 

Bourbon Peach Cobbler for the finish. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    I ended up with Arizona in our football pool- end of season is a random draw. So don’t see me making it past the first game. 

Hard to bet against Brady. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • lousubcap
    @Ozzie_Isaac I am acutely aware and play close attention to the lock-out.  
    Word on the street runs along the line of "The players hate Spring Training and the owners want to get the season rolling on time."  I suspect it will be resolved around mid-March.
    Now back to our regularly scheduled programing.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Zero for one!  There's always next year!
  • lousubcap
    One for two.  Go Bills!
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Bills Mafia supremely dominated last night. Raiders Bengals game was great as well, down to the wire. Let’s keep it up! I’d love to see the Steelers beat KC
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    I don’t think the Patriots defense could have stopped a clock last night, let alone that offense the Bills brought.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • ColbyLang
    Agree, which is odd for ole Belichek
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited January 2022
    Bills had the first perfect offensive game in NFL history.  No punts, no field goals, no turn overs.  Only play for loss of yards was kneel on 2nd to last play to burn the clock.

Glad it was Belichek on the receiving end.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    edited January 2022
    That Cowboys and 49's game was a sheet show. I'd hate to be a Cowboys fan right now. What the heck was Dak Prescott thinking???
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    How sweet it is.  Jerry Jones melt-down starts now.  
  • Bills had the first perfect offensive game in NFL history.  No punts, no field goals, no turn overs.  Only play for loss of yards was kneel on 2nd to last play to burn the clock.

Glad it was Belichek on the receiving end.
    Bills fans after beating the Patriots:

Bills fans realizing Tom Brady plays for Tampa Bay now:

• ColbyLang
    The play in the Niners/Cowboys game was the right call. Just not the right time. What a bonehead
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    ColbyLang said:
    The play in the Niners/Cowboys game was the right call. Just not the right time. What a bonehead
    I missed the postgame interviews, but I look forward to all of the crying in the off-season. They were legitimately good in the regular season.
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    WeberWho said:
    That Cowboys and 49's game was a sheet show. I'd hate to be a Cowboys fan right now. What the heck was Dak Prescott thinking???

As a life-long cheesehead, I recall people (usually Bear fans) saying "Packers are always one-and-done in the playoffs."  They lost their first playoff game every year under McCarthy it seemed (except 2010). 

I know how you are feeling Cowboys' fans!  That's what you have to look forward to.  The guy has never been able to manage his timeouts, challenge flags, or the clock.  

I now get to hear "They lose the NFC Championship every year".  I will take it.  
    Clinton, Iowa
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • lousubcap
    Tonight's Manning Brothers partial guest list (ESPN2):
    Larry Fitzgerald, Dwayne Johnson and Russell Wilson.  
    There have been four guests for every show this year but the above is all I can find right now.  FWIW-
  • lousubcap
    @gonepostal - I find their broadcast to be the most entertaining of any NFL game, independent of the competition on the field.  
    The true insights and banter coupled with their guests has made it a must watch for me.  I normally don't pay a lot of attention to the regular NFL season but have not missed a Manning show.  
    And thread focused-for your first go round with the wok those are great looking cooks.  Your tweaking needs to be in the finesse area.  FWIW-
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    The wife and in-laws are huge NY Giant fans so they make it a point to tune in and watch the Manning brothers.  She’s visiting them so I’ll be flipping back and forth. And not be stuck watching them for 3.5 hrs this week!
    As far as cooks,  I used the weekend alone to practice with a Wok for the first time. Chicken first and then beef. Will have to make a tweak or two to get it right , but will likely be using it a lot with our love for these types of dishes. 

Asian inspired food is my new kick at the moment.  Those look fantastic.
  • lousubcap
    Bump for the Divisional Round:  (Planning a rack of lamb for Sunday);
    My picks:
    Titans- Derrick Henry is the difference.
    49ers-  Upset alert.
    Bucs-  Brady.
    Bills- another minor upset here.  

That's all I've got.  
    Stay healthy and safe out there.  
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    49’rs…..cause they got Deeeeeeboooooo. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow