Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Post Fun Grill For Sale Ads with Pics

I wish I would have started this thread when I came across an odd ball Budweiser mini ceramic grill.  Today I saw a Snap On branded ceramic grill on St. Louis FB MP.  Post your interesting finds whether you buy or not.

Comments

• Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 11,441
    I like this thread
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • RyanStlRyanStl Posts: 933
    I missed a part of the ad.  Plus, if you have knowledge of any of these cool listings please share.

• lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 8,976
    I snagged one of those snap on ones a few years back off Craigslist, brand new $300.  , gave it to a guy I work with ..I believe it was out out by Vision 
    Visalia, Ca

LGBE- Pit's by Klose Trailer -Stumps XL Stretch - Custom Santa Maria- FatStack Smoker FS120 coming soon FatStack 500- Blackstone 36 Blackstone 22 - Custom Cold Smoke House and a lonely Brinkman Vertical Smoker

• I’ve seen a few of those for sale locally on the classifieds over the years and have often been tempted to try to buy one, sub in the Egg (assuming it fits properly) and then sell the Vision. 
  • danhoodanhoo Posts: 400

Large BGE |  Genesis 1000  | PitBoss pro 820 | Genesis E330 |  WSM 22 | 22 inch Kettle 
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 24,350
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

• alaskanassasinalaskanassasin Posts: 5,879
    danhoo said:

El chapo doesn’t need his grill anymore?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

"It’s very possible I’m doing it all wrong, haven’t watched any videos, but I’m happy with the ones I make."
      - @Legume

danhoo said:

It only cooked six burgers at  a time.
    Large BGE |  Genesis 1000  | PitBoss pro 820 | Genesis E330 |  WSM 22 | 22 inch Kettle 
  • alaskanassasinalaskanassasin Posts: 5,879
    danhoo said:
    danhoo said:

Makes sense, if you had a grill gun with a clip it would probably hold more.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

"It’s very possible I’m doing it all wrong, haven’t watched any videos, but I’m happy with the ones I make."
      - @Legume

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 40,441
    danhoo said:
    danhoo said:

Makes sense, if you had a grill gun with a clip it would probably hold more.
    Not clip, magazine. ;)

If it was a magazine I'd assure you I only bought it to read the articles.....
    danhoo said:

That's impressive.  Something has to be wrong if they couldn't even sell for $250.
    WeberWho said:t
    A smoking deal if anyone is looking for an offset down in Texas. The company is called, Big Phil's Smokers. The chamber is 24x48 with a 24" firebox that's 3/8" thick. All for $1,700. I don't know how they're making any money off these pits. The owner said he got a good price on the pipe. He's sold 17 smokers so far and has a short wait. I'd have one loaded in my truck if I was in Texas and looking for a new pit. 

I checked out his website and didn’t see anything in this precise range
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 9,991
    Photo Egg said:
    A smoking deal if anyone is looking for an offset down in Texas. The company is called, Big Phil's Smokers. The chamber is 24x48 with a 24" firebox that's 3/8" thick. All for $1,700. I don't know how they're making any money off these pits. The owner said he got a good price on the pipe. He's sold 17 smokers so far and has a short wait. I'd have one loaded in my truck if I was in Texas and looking for a new pit. 

@Photo Egg

The owner of the company has posted a few times over on the Brethren:

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295960
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
    They're selling quick. I just saw the wait is into June now. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
    RyanStl said:
    danhoo said:

That's impressive.  Something has to be wrong if they couldn't even sell for $250.
    I think it eventually sold. 
  • TEXASBGE2018TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,523
    WeberWho said:
    Photo Egg said:

@Photo Egg

This guy is like 20min from me. May go check them out.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

WeberWho said:
    Photo Egg said:

@Photo Egg

Hard to beat that with the price and location. I like how he gives you the option of keeping the price down ($1,700) and will let you finish the look of it. It might be a little rusty but nothing a couple hours with an angle grinder and linseed oil won't make look pretty. Plus you're hands on with it. I love that option. The only other option where I'd bump the price up would be the second optional rack. I'd also look to see how much the the folding exhaust would be but that wouldn't necessarily be needed. 

Go for it. That's a bunch of smoker for the price. Especially given the cost of materials nowadays. 

Minnesota
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:
    Photo Egg said:

@Photo Egg

Hard to beat that with the price and location. I like how he gives you the option of keeping the price down ($1,700) and will let you finish the look of it. It might be a little rusty but nothing a couple hours with an angle grinder and linseed oil won't make look pretty. Plus you're hands on with it. I love that option. The only other option where I'd bump the price up would be the second optional rack. I'd also look to see how much the the folding exhaust would be but that wouldn't necessarily be needed. 

Go for it. That's a bunch of smoker for the price. Especially given the cost of materials nowadays. 
    Totally agree. And the folding stack would be great. Especially when trying to cover it!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    Ok, breaking my rules.  Not a grill, but interesting and totally on topic for the forum.

edited January 18
    How old is this egg?

Wow, $1,500.  Is this a RJ?  I went down that interent rabbit hole a couple weeks ago.

Get a BGE for cheap:

This one is  work of art:

• littlerascal56littlerascal56 Posts: 1,646
    Just sold my 26” Weber kettle w/cover on Denver Craigslist.  Had it posted for $150 cash.  Guy drove 5 hours from Denver to Central Kansas, so I knocked off $20 for gas, and threw in some new steakhouse knives on the deal.  Wow…a long way to drive for a kettle grill!
  • SamIAm2SamIAm2 Posts: 1,615
    edited January 20
    Deleted. wrong Thread
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.