Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

more suggestions..

Options
billt01
billt01 Posts: 1,530
edited December 2021 in EggHead Forum
I know how some of you all like it when I give suggestions, so I would throw another out.

Some of you know I have been a proponent of digital currency for a while. I thought I would offer a suggestion for anyone who has a bit of cash lying around which they would like to put somewhere to earn a bit more than what is offered in other financial communities. 

Algorand is a platform which expedites transaction times on the blockchain where ETH rides. As this new technology has developed, it has increased traffic and the ability to verify its data..kinda like a CHECKSUM for those in the biz.

Algorand is current offering a governance program where those who stake their available balance can be offered a reward. The 1st governance period paid a APR of ~66%. They are opening up their 2nd phase of governance now.

anywho, I hope most of you have a happy new year..

back to working on our neverland, building our never house with never barn and never stables..planting never trees to sell to nobody..

Have:
 XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
Had:
LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
Ola, Ga

Comments

• Terpderpitude
    Options
    Al Gore And…

Really?  Is this some kind of joke?
  • billt01
    Options
    Al Gore And…

Really?  Is this some kind of joke?
    I guess for some it is...
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• billt01
    Options
    billt01 said:
    I know how some of you all like it when I give suggestions, so I would throw another out.

Some of you know I have been a proponent of digital currency for a while. I thought I would offer a suggestion for anyone who has a bit of cash lying around which they would like to put somewhere to earn a bit more than what is offered in other financial communities. 

Algorand is a platform which expedites transaction times on the blockchain where ETH rides. As this new technology has developed, it has increased traffic and the ability to verify its data..kinda like a CHECKSUM for those in the biz.

Algorand is current offering a governance program where those who stake their available balance can be offered a reward. The 1st governance period paid a APR of ~66%. They are opening up their 2nd phase of governance now.

anywho, I hope most of you have a happy new year..

back to working on our neverland, building our never house with never barn and never stables..planting never trees to sell to nobody..

as with any investment..this can go to 0 soo...

there's that too....

take a risk or no..
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    I get all my financial advice from the internet.

• billt01
    Options
    RyanStl said:
    I get all my financial advice from the internet.

I do get some from the internet, but one needs more to hang their portfolio on other than the opti-grab.

Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Very generous of you to share stuff like this.  It seems nearly as good and reliable as your suggestion to always cook briskets to 195F.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • billt01
    Options
    Very generous of you to share stuff like this.  It seems nearly as good and reliable as your suggestion to always cook briskets to 195F.
    Go publish yourself
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    billt01 said:
    Go publish yourself
    That is almost as intelligent as your opening post in this thread.  You, sir, are clearly a master debater.  

By the way, last time I checked, this was still a forum about cooking on a BGE.  When was the last time you posted a cook thread?
  • billt01
    Options
    billt01 said:
    Go publish yourself
    That is almost as intelligent as your opening post in this thread.  You, sir, are clearly a master debater.  

By the way, last time I checked, this was still a forum about cooking on a BGE.  When was the last time you posted a cook thread?
    I hope others here find the humor in your last post as much as I do..
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    Go publish yourself

That’s not an answer.
  • billt01
    Options
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    Go publish yourself

That’s not an answer.

Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    Go publish yourself

That’s not an answer.

That does seem to be your default response in these threads.  Funny how that goes.  I hope folks here understand this is the level of intellect currently pimping a cryptocurrency to them.  Have a blessed day.
  • billt01
    Options
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    Go publish yourself

That’s not an answer.

That does seem to be your default response in these threads.  Funny how that goes.  I hope folks here understand this is the level of intellect currently pimping a cryptocurrency to them.  Have a blessed day.
    You are right…
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Thanks @billt01 for the Friday fodder!  Still holding Shibu.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• billt01
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Thanks @billt01 for the Friday fodder!  Still holding Shibu.
    Shiba is a slot machine, where Algo is built on a solid foundation 

Have a great and safe new year..

Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Anyone else surprised the rec here wasn’t for Dogecoin?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• billt01
    Options

Doge too is a slot machine….

Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    billt01 said:

Of course!  Silly me, don’t know how I possibly could’ve confused the two.  
  • billt01
    Options
    billt01 said:

Uneducated in these markets I guess?
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:

I think I’m still just trying to understand how heart disease is contagious…
  • billt01
    Options
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:

I think I’m still just trying to understand how heart disease is contagious…
    Great idea…you just stay there…
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    They want us fat lazy and drunk, much easier to control us and pumps money into the medical sector. If I were speculating stocks i would dig into healthcare.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    They want us fat lazy and drunk, much easier to control us and pumps money into the medical sector. If I were speculating stocks i would dig into healthcare.
    I’d like to suggest investing in public education, except whatever is going on there obviously isn’t working out too well.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    I’d like to suggest investing in public education, except whatever is going on there obviously isn’t working out too well.
    I invest in public education in the form of taxes. I wish I could say I liked the direction it was heading in but it seems to be more focused on social issues than math and science. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• billt01
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    If it’s money you seek, you shall never have enough 

invest in happiness, it’s free 
    I agree with this.

it’s not about seeking, it’s about saving..

and as with happiness, saltiness is also free..and some people are flush with it..
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I invest in public education in the form of taxes. I wish I could say I liked the direction it was heading in but it seems to be more focused on social issues than math and science. 
    That is what the media and news coverage of public education is focused on.  There’s plenty of math and science going on, it just doesn’t get clicks.  
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    I don’t follow the media but I have asked several 8th graders if Alaska is a state and they weren’t sure or said no. One thought it was in the ocean beside Hawaii. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I don’t follow the media but I have asked several 8th graders if Alaska is a state and they weren’t sure or said no. One thought it was in the ocean beside Hawaii. 
    And those interactions with 8th graders are what have convinced you that public schools are more focused on social issues than math or science?