Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pepper Canon

Options
Anyone have one and is it worth the money?

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.

Ronald Reagan

Comments

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    Holy Cow!  That looks awesome! 

When I need a lot of pepper, I have a spice/coffee grinder that does a good job and is very fast, but that thing looks cool!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    I have a Unicorn Magnum which is pretty good, but their data says that it will produce almost 3x the amount per crank.  
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Got this as a gift yesterday
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    Holy Cow!  That looks awesome! 

When I need a lot of pepper, I have a spice/coffee grinder that does a good job and is very fast, but that thing looks cool!
    I have one but haven't really used it much. Not sure its worth what price tag, but like you said, it looked cool. should have more time to mess with it now that the cold months approach. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,338
    Options
    I have one. It’s high quality and no complaints 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    You sure that’s a “peppermill” ?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    I have one. It’s high quality and no complaints 
    Like you said, it’s definitely quality and precision build. You can feel that right from the jump. I just haven’t taken time to mess with the variable grind mechanism or anything. I also like how you can grind right into the “cap” that comes with it. 
  • 4TheGrillOfIt
    Options
    I have a Unicorn Magnum as well.  It has become my favorite pepper mill. 
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    caliking said:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 686
    Options
    caliking said:

I worked with a lady that bought one of those back when they were the newest thing. She was disappointed when she learned it wasn't battery powered. No joke 😐

Referring to the shake weight... 
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    I have a pepper cannon. Thing turns on once I’ve had poblano or bell peppers.  Strangely not jalapeño or Serrano.  Fricking mess of pain and cramps and definitely a cannon. 
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • Runamuck
    Options
    I looked at these, but too rich for my blood. Bought the Unicorn Magnum and love it. 
  • Pook
    Pook Posts: 43
    Options
    I have been looking at the cannon too but it is really expensive. Did not know about the Unicorn. I’m going to check that one out. 
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Is it worth the price tag?  Not sure because I have nothing in the same category to compare it to.  I received mine and I love it, I am not disappointed.  There have been warnings about a pin ending up in the food.  I have no clue how this could potentially happen unless it was incorrectly installed in the first place.

It is definitely faster than the Peugeot (that I still use for different kind of pepper).

The garlic press works well too.

Options
    Ohh nice. they have been unavailable for months. I just ordered one!!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • chabs
    chabs Posts: 14
    Options
    Had mine for a few months now and absolutely love it, didn't need it by any stretch but I'm glad that I have it. Best feature is being able to grind fresh into the cap. The cap is also nice for not making a mess on the white counters. The ability to grind coarse for certain rubs is handy too.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    That looks very nice!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS