Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribeyes Have Gone Sky High But I Found A Way

Options
2»

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Not at the moment. Could have been in at some point, and may get snuck back in at a later date and time. Seems logical right? 
    More likely it never was, probably someone made it up as hyperbole, it got amplified by Russian trolls and a handfull of reps gullible enough to believe (as they repeatedly do) the fake news, then idiots that label all real news as fake and vice versa because it suits their messaging spread it like wildfire to idiots who then post it here.

If it was in a previous version and removed, that would be in the actual news and easily verifiable. 

No fvcking wonder the country is turning into a real-world Idiocracy.
    Options
    RyanStl said:
    You guys aren't kidding about beef prices.  
    No sir, not kidding at all. Wait until you see the price of quality anus. You are going to be stunned. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,070
    edited November 2021
    Options
    onedbguru said:
    So I suppose someone reads the entire bill, brings up verbiage printed in that bill and somehow it is misinformation?  It could have been stripped out after-the-fact (of the reading - Nov 4th),  but you do know there are those that do want to tax farm animal flatulence and get rid of the entire meat industry.  Logic and reason dictates that they read the entire bill before they vote on it, and provide first hand knowledge to their constituents as to its contents. That is NOT misinformation.  It is real-time information - and yes - possibly subject to change.  All of my searches say it is not really in there, but those posts were published back in October.  She was reading the bill 6 days ago (Nov 4th).  What better way to deal in misinformation than to have lots of farming post saying it is not there and sneak it back in. 
    So now your story is that it was probably in there at some point, it’s just that they must have removed it?  Really?

Look, if you can find an earlier version of this bill that has it in there, I’ll happily concede to being wrong.  But I’d just like you to consider the more likely possibility, which is that this was always BS.  

One big clue for you here: the Snopes article I linked upstream fact checking this stuff?  It was published on November 2nd.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    The reconciliation bill out of the House is available online.  You won’t find any of that stuff in it.  

If you google “methane tax fact check” on the other hand, you’ll get at least half a dozen independent outlets telling you this is all bogus.

If something sounds a little crazy, maybe look into it instead of just taking cousin Eddie’s word for it on Facebook.  

I swear to Christ we have citizens in this country who would believe that turkeys could fly if someone posted it on Facebook.
    Turkeys fly. Just sayin.
    That turkey thing was a WKRP episode reference.  Might be before your time.
  • Meatfluencer
    Meatfluencer Posts: 18
    edited November 2021
    Options
    onedbguru said:
    The actual source is the reconciliation bill itself.
    But Kat Cammack FL-03 facebook posted this:

https://www.facebook.com/100005179354976/posts/1881202155395745/?d=n

Yeah, I’m shocked you got this from someone on Facebook.  Nobody could have ever predicted that.

We are sofa king screwed in this country.  Logic and reason just isn’t enough to combat the misinformation.  
    Agreed. Too bad we don’t have a tax on morons. Some folks here would finally be 1%ers in taxes paid. 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    The reconciliation bill out of the House is available online.  You won’t find any of that stuff in it.  

If you google “methane tax fact check” on the other hand, you’ll get at least half a dozen independent outlets telling you this is all bogus.

If something sounds a little crazy, maybe look into it instead of just taking cousin Eddie’s word for it on Facebook.  

I swear to Christ we have citizens in this country who would believe that turkeys could fly if someone posted it on Facebook.
    Turkeys fly. Just sayin.
    That turkey thing was a WKRP episode reference.  Might be before your time.
    Figured I was missing something there but I wanted to clarify for the record ;-). I remember watching WKRP but that’s about it. More like “Head of the class”
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Hard to believe Kat Cammack would willfully mislead her constituents like that.  It's almost as though she's more interested in stoking fear and resentment than actually doing something for the people she represents.
  • Hansm
    Hansm Posts: 214
    Options
    I agree that we need to get LOUD about this type of nonsense. I buy from a local farmer, his prices do not reflect shenanigans this far ... keeping fingers crossed. but in general Let's go Brandon !!! 
    LG BGE,  Weber Genesis gas, Weber 22" Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,800
    Options
    RyanStl said:
    You guys aren't kidding about beef prices. 
    I tell you something else no one is kidding about. I filled up the Welfare Wagon with diesel today and it took 92 bucks. Seems like it’s not just beef.  

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Hansm
    Hansm Posts: 214
    Options
    But in general FJB Pro America For Joe Biden FJB T Shirts - Yeswefollow
    LG BGE,  Weber Genesis gas, Weber 22" Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,800
    Options
    Hansm said:
    I have been saying it for over 30 years. Kind of strange that it took so long for everyone else to catch on. 

Status- Standing by.

• BikerBob
    BikerBob Posts: 284
    Options
    "It was on the internet, it must be true." Heard that one many times. Anybody, anywhere, any time can post any thing with no regard for the truth. Most so called information on line is suspect if not absolute lies.
    Cooking on the coast
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SGH said:
    Hansm said:
    I have been saying it for over 30 years. Kind of strange that it took so long for everyone else to catch on. 
    In another 30 years, maybe everyone will be shaving their ballsack and eating anus.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SGH said:
    Hansm said:
    In another 30 years, maybe everyone will be shaving their ballsack and eating anus.
    They're already shaving anus and eating ballsack, so I'm sure it's just a matter of time...

SGH said:
    Hansm said:

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    I'll tell you what I know. I know my groceries cost me about $40 more per week than they did 4 months ago. Not breaking the bank but it's noticeable. We buy basically the same things every week with little variation. I keep seeing article after article about this very issue. So it's not some hoax. 

I also notice how much more I pay at the pump even though I fill up less since I work from home. I previously worked in the oil industry and a year and a half ago they were talking the apocalypse. Now they are sitting pretty with $80 crude. Politics plays a major role in this but it's not the root cause. Greed is the root cause of almost all of this. People need to quit blaming solely their politicians and look at the company they work for. Is your CEO driving a fancy new Ferrari while you got a pay raise only to have your insurance costs double this year negating any increase in your pay? THATS what you should be b!tching about. We have runaway inflation and meanwhile I read article after article about companies earning record profit.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I don't think anyone is claiming it's a hoax, at least not anyone people should take seriously.  
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,840
    Options
    turkey is only 79 cents a pound, the side dishes are probably twice as high =)

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Meatfluencer
    Meatfluencer Posts: 18
    edited November 2021
    Options
    The ten grand that the government gave to families of four and the enhanced child tax credit more than covers the recent inflation. If you didn’t get the government handout, consider yourself fortunate to make enough money that inflation isn’t really hurting your lifestyle. 

It is widely regarded that too little was spent on economic recovery after the Great Recession. Would you rather have an economy that is stagnant for years like last time? It took 1107 days for the S&P to return to pre Recession levels  I’ll take a little short term inflation over that debacle last time.

Brandon Won! 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    @TEXASBGE2018 be a CEO if you want a Ferrari this is merica you can do whatever you want buddy. As for your health care rising that may have more to do with politics 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.