Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BTB & KBB is the way

Options
Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,119
edited October 2021 in EggHead Forum
Friday night cook.  Was supposed to have 4 kids and another adult, but now they have all bailed.  Just cookin for me.  Breast to breast seems to work the best.  Wl

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,399
    Options
    I can't go there even on Friday.  But I'm sure it was most enjoyable.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited October 2021
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Notice the fuel source? KBB for the win (mixed with RW just for fun).

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    lousubcap said:

Good move bringing up the coal before someone else outed you on it. 🤣
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    At least it wasn't ATM like a fowl centipede...
    edited October 2021
    Options
    At least it wasn't ATM like a fowl centipede...
    I tried ATA, but I like the legs more done.  BTB protects the breast and they seem juicier.

lousubcap said:

Good move bringing up the coal before someone else outed you on it. 🤣
    To me, nothing beats the smell of meat cooking on Kingsford Blue Bag.  I happen to have an old bag and not much RW, so here I am.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

• dannys
    dannys Posts: 164
    Options
    I had 10 people over last Saturday. Like you, I cooked 2 on the Joetisserie, sausage peppers and onions, potato and green salad.  While the first bird was almost gone, I barely got a sandwich the next day, the second bird was still intact. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

I'm ashamed, and embarrassed, that I find this oddly titillating.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Plan to post the Kingsford cook on a Facebook GreenEgg group and watch their collective heads explode 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    caliking said:

No you’re not @caliking

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• caliking
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    caliking said:

No you’re not @caliking
    Ok, fine... I was only a little embarrassed. 

• caliking
    Options
    But, come on... some credit is due... BTB... TITilitating... eh? Eh?

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    caliking said:
    But, come on... some credit is due... BTB... TITilitating... eh? Eh?
    #dadjokes
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,535
    Options
    Good idea to protect B's from ring of fire.
    I usually set up lumps front and back in XL for rotisserie so centre is my hot zone, if I do double chick my BTB= butt-to-butt  =)
    canuckland
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    I have the Joetisserie but haven't used it yet.  This is inspiring!!  Looks amazing
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    stv8r said:
    I have the Joetisserie but haven't used it yet.  This is inspiring!!  Looks amazing
    I love using the Joetisserie.  Something about fire and slow moving meat.. Chicken is.wondsrful this way.  Easily comparable to spatchcock.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Tom Hanks Forrest Gump GIF - TomHanks ForrestGump Wave - Discover
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    🎉