Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Friday Fundraiser In Support of a Fellow Egghead

Guys I saw this today and it nearly broke my heart!

I can't believe some folks have fallen on such hard times because they're not good with money.  I was using the google machine to find out what's going on with our friend Lit here, and came across a GoFundMe someone has set up for him!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-lowclass-lit-buy-a-costco-brisket

It doesn't look like anyone has chipped in so far.  I guess the word just hasn't gotten out.  Anyway, I'm planning on chipping in at least $5 myself.  Seems like we could get to a hundo here pretty quick?
Just right of crazy

Comments

• texaswigtexaswig Posts: 2,559
    Sorry. I already have a charity I give the operation BBQ relief. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 38,169
    When was he ever not low class?  So he probably had a friend set it up, then it was no accident he starts whining here about his first-world problem.

I guess congenital low-class is a legit social disease. He must be a pariah in his hood.  I feel for him.  I knew someone like him before, miserable all the time.  What a curse.

• Kudos to Mr. Beninya for setting this up.
    Stillwater, MN
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 21,039
    edited September 24
    "**** Beninya" lol
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Ruining the forum, one post at a time.  

Living large in the 919
  • I just spit beer all over my lambo!
  • 9 visits-9 posts, on point.
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 38,169
    She's a 10

• calikingcaliking Posts: 15,674
    Could someone post the recipe for benford slaw? Seems like it may be a good side. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • paqmanpaqman Posts: 3,720
    No donations, poor guy, I feel for him

I'm starting to wonder if this Lit guy doesn't have many friends?
    Just right of crazy
  • johnmitchelljohnmitchell Posts: 5,828
    I have an extra bag of cowboy lump that I would like to donate to help.Could Mr Beninya pm me delivery details 

Just trying to help feed a family!!!
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • I donated $5 because the organizer has balls.
    Flint, Michigan
  • paqmanpaqman Posts: 3,720
    edited September 25
    I donated $5 because the organizer has balls.
    You really did 😂🤣

That should cover at least one slice of bacon!

No donations, poor guy, I feel for him
    I'm starting to wonder if this Lit guy doesn't have many friends?
    They are waiting for approval just need the buffalo to click the button. Gonna have as many friends as you and John soon. 
  • YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 16,552
    “Gonna have as many friends as you and John soon.“

I sincerely really hope you do. I share your hopes, for having as many friends as they, personally for myself.

Best of luck.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • LitLit Posts: 8,917
    YukonRon said:
    “Gonna have as many friends as you and John soon.“

I sincerely really hope you do. I share your hopes, for having as many friends as they, personally for myself.

Best of luck.
    Well it will just be me talking to myself like them but man ill be really online popular. 
  • johnmitchelljohnmitchell Posts: 5,828
    I think the struggle is real. I haven’t seen one post on the Drinking thread😳
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • I think the struggle is real. I haven’t seen one post on the Drinking thread😳
    That moment when you realize Coors Light is suddenly as expensive as the craft beer you used to buy…
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

Living large in the 919
  • I think the struggle is real. I haven’t seen one post on the Drinking thread😳
    That moment when you realize Coors Light is suddenly as expensive as the craft beer you used to buy…
      Where is your hunting buddy @HeavyG? I haven’t seen him post any pictures in a while.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 21,039
    I think the struggle is real. I haven’t seen one post on the Drinking thread😳
      Where is your hunting buddy @HeavyG? I haven’t seen him post any pictures in a while.
    He’s … out hunting, I guess.

Living large in the 919