Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Plate setter lifter

Options
2»

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    danhoo said:
    Welding gloves. 

Wear shoes. 
    And for the love of all things holy, CROCS do not count as shoes in this situation!  

Or really any situation.  Come at me, bro.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • danhoo
    danhoo Posts: 684
    Options

But they match the BGE perfectly 😎
    current: | Large BGE |  Genesis 1000 | Genesis E330 | 22 inch Kettle | Weber Summit Kamado
    sold:| PitBoss pro 820  WSM 22 
  • danhoo
    Options
    🍿

Waiting for the small feet pics to arrive... 
    current: | Large BGE |  Genesis 1000 | Genesis E330 | 22 inch Kettle | Weber Summit Kamado
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I use the force.
    Options
    Why do I keep seeing @PeteSliver lifter when I scroll through the main page  :s
    canuckland
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    bgeBill said:
    Has anyone tried this design?  It looks like it would be easy to grab the plate setter with good control, but without high pressure points on the stone.

I usually lay my plate setter across a couple bricks on the deck. 

Rotate COUNTER clockwise before lift and clockwise after set?  I'm Out Dawg.  Maybe if it was the other way around.  Also, that PS is not hot.  I'm not fooled.  If you zoom in and look real close, there is no fire down below!  Possibly a scam.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Ok...hang on....
    The 15 Largest Hand Sizes in NBA History - HowTheyPlay

I resemble that

Michiana, South of the border.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    932°F Extreme Heat Resistant BBQ Oven Safety Gloves - EN407 Certified, Thick but Light Weight for Kitchen Potholder and Outdoors-1 Pair (2 Pieces Set) (White) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01M5E7HOU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_GT37CXVEA5BQ8X95G9YJ

I have a pair of these.  Work great, no problem with the plate setter.  Even used them to carry a Smokey Joe full of hot charcoal 150 or so yards to another campsite that was having trouble getting a fire started.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• danhoo
    Options
    Acn said:
    932°F Extreme Heat Resistant BBQ Oven Safety Gloves - EN407 Certified, Thick but Light Weight for Kitchen Potholder and Outdoors-1 Pair (2 Pieces Set) (White) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01M5E7HOU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_GT37CXVEA5BQ8X95G9YJ

I have a pair of these.  Work great, no problem with the plate setter.  Even used them to carry a Smokey Joe full of hot charcoal 150 or so yards to another campsite that was having trouble getting a fire started.
    how can silicone hold up to 932F temps? 

About this item

• Shell material: high quality heat resistant aramid fibers that insulate and protect from high temperature, prevent hands from the hot object
    • Inner material: comfortable and skin-friendly cotton and polyester lining for maximum comfortable feeling
    • Food Grade Non-Slip Silicone strips for a superb grip, complete confidence and safety.
    • 932°F extreme heat resistant gloves provide multi-purpose uses, protect your hands and wrist. Works for both men & women
    • Extra strip design allows gloves to be hanged after machine washing, easy to dry