Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Work in progress

Options
Our patio area was really tight 108sqf. Room for the island, patio set and nothing else. 
We replaced it with a 352sqf. 

We're planning to extend the roof over when material cost are more realistic. Time being we opted for cantilevered umbrellas,one 12x12 and one 9x12. The 9x12 will cover the cookers

We have a corner lot so I added a small privacy fence to hide my collection of stuff I now have room for.

I hope to get the inground umbrella stand cemented in before my next battle then will continue next year.

Meanwhile it's an awesome spot

Fort Wayne Indiana 

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Very nice!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    That is a heckofa spot for sure.  I envision many adult beverages being consumed there while meat gently smokes away.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Sweet!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    Way to plan it out and then incrementally execute.  Great setting.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,375
    Options
    The 4x8 extended area is the foot print for future wood fired pit and oven.   
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Looks great, big improvement.  I need to get rid of the mud pit in the back of my house by putting bricks or something in. 

Were window prices high when they built your house?
    Options
    Not to bad. I had seven replaced around 4300. Had the outside freshened up

Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • DavidCrumpton
    Options
    Nice updates to the casa!!!!!!
  • Mr1egg
    Mr1egg Posts: 368
    Options
    Can't wait to see the finished product
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    MasterC said:
    Not to bad. I had seven replaced around 4300. Had the outside freshened up

Cool! I wish I had that THICK carpet of sod! But I'm in that camp who traded sunshine for my very DENSE shade! Can't have both, no matter what some lawn services say they can deliver with $$$ of fertilizer!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,521
    Options
    MasterC said:
    It's been awhile but now we're ready to go forward with covering the patio. Will follow the existing roof line and extend the gable to tie into the house. Signed a contractor to build and my nephew, a licensed electrician to wire it all up, and are pumped

Mrs.C said the space station will be able to see it with all the led lights I bought.

Are you planning on joining the roofs on the right side of the patio roof, which will create a valley? Or are you leaving a gap there, or finishing above that gutter (or below the other roof) for drainage of rain and snow?
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • MasterC
    Options
    The roof s will meet. Their constructing a sloped roof section joining them and drainage. Forgot the technical name.
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • Mark_B_Good
    Options
    MasterC said:
    The roof s will meet. Their constructing a sloped roof section joining them and drainage. Forgot the technical name.
    Ah okay, so they will create a small pitch overtop to take out that dead valley.  Good idea. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
    Options
    Nice!!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Can’t wait to see the inaugural cook! 
  • MasterC
    Options
    Coming together 

Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 583
    Options
    Following! I love watching projects like this come together.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Looks like it’s coming along swimmingly! That's going to be a great eggdom.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mark_B_Good
    Options
    Looking good. How does it look on that valley created on the right side, where it intersects your existing roof?
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    If I was having that done here, that would be what it would look like after a month of work.  I would probably have a better chance of finding bigfoot than a dependable contractor.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • MasterC
    Options
     I haven't been able to get a good vantage point for a picture of the right, to much stuff cluttering the way. But what I've seen looks good. Eventually I'll get a picture 

Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,771
    Options
    thats going to make a huge difference for enjoying the backyard. really coming together
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    Love it. Definitely can't let my wife see it, for obvious reason, lol
    If you don't mind me wondering, may be it's the camera angle/perspective or my glasses, the two posts look small relative to the structure. Also, can't tell if they are resting on concrete footing or buried into the soil.
    canuckland