Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

June 14; A Big Day- National Bourbon Day, Flag Day and the US Army recognizes it as well-

Options
lousubcap
lousubcap Posts: 32,393
Plan ahead and enjoy a pour (or more) of your favorite bourbons Monday.  No need for any excuses.  It pairs well neat, with a splash of water or a bit of ice.  
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited June 2021
    Options
    June 14 is truly a Holy day. It is the birthday of the greatest mind to ever grace the planet. No, not Einstein. I’m talking about an intelligence range beyond belief or comprehension of even the most brilliant minds. The truly great and truly powerful Donald J. Trump. It should be a day dedicated to paying homage to him world wide. 

Happy Birthday “Big Don” 🥳 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Well, F'me.  I will amp up the bourbon celebration/consumption to compensate.   B)
    Edit: @SGH - well played.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Kind of ruins it. Just saying.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I would like to take a moment to wish a very special person a happy 75th birthday. A true mental giant among geniuses. A mind simply unmatched or even rivaled by any. The epitome of intelligence. 
    Happy 75 Big Don. Wishing you many more to come sir 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,082
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Plan ahead and enjoy a pour (or more) of your favorite bourbons Monday.  No need for any excuses.  It pairs well neat, with a splash of water or a bit of ice.  

I'm in.  Paired (Tri'd) with watermelon and a beer...

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Moving right along but will transition to a lower level fuel for the final load to LEO.  

Like I went looking for an excuse  B)
  • Buckwoody Egger
    Options
    Buffalo Trace hitting the spot while watching the show BBQ Brawl. Saving my only Blanton’s bottle for a reunion of old friends in late Summer.  May also have a “Kentucky Mule” — bourbon + ginger ale + lime juice. Benchmark from the 1.75L is my mixer bourbon in support of recycling (plastic, no more glass recycling). 

Cap this addresses two threads in one reply!